Deeper review needed (background needs to be rewritten to not exactly be the game guide description)
The contents below require additional review. Information included may not meet Nukapedia's quality standards and may require rewriting, reorganizing, or adding references for unsourced claims.
Although perhaps a little too excitable when around firearms, Phantom enthusiastically welcomes the Lone Wanderer to the ragtag Pitt Raider family (if they aren't massacring them all). He can share his RadAway with the player character once per day.
Phantom is in charge of treating radiation poisoning among the raiders.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops a finger upon death (Lawbringer).|
- Once a day, the player can ask Phantom for radiation treatment, resulting in Phantom giving the player a dose of RadAway.
- He will get defensive if one asks him "You think you work harder than the slaves?". He will reply "Fuck yes we do", and will back himself up by mentioning how raiders have to go through so much just to get supplies and food for the slaves.
- "You hit the jackpot now, wizkid. You're in Ashur's army. Now's when the hard work really starts!"
- "I hope so, for your sake. You screw up down in the Mill, you just get a beating. It's harsh, but it heals. But if you screw up when raiding a caravan, you get gutshot and bleed out in the dirt. So you better be as tough as you think you are."
- "Then say no more, friend. Can't share much, but this should do the trick. Use it in good health!"
Behind the scenes
- Phantom shares his name a reference to Pittsburgh's best known and most popular pop-culture emporium, Phantom of the Attic, which is a comic book and RPG gaming store located in the Oakland (Uptown) section of the city.
- Phantom is also a reference to Pittsburgh's only amusement park, Kennywood, that has a roller coaster called "The Steel Phantom," which was later rebuilt and renamed the "Phantom's Revenge."