“You picked a good time to stop by, for we're swimming in problems. My youngers can tell you all about it. Raquel could use help with the bug problem, Doc Argyll has wounded he's tending to, and Loyal and Jack might be looking for help with some repairs. Or you could just go see Pete at the museum and hear the story of our people. All you have to do there is listen. Come and go as you like, help or don't help, I leave it up to you. But I hope you'll show my youngers that not every outsider needs to be blown up.”
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Volare!: Pearl asks the Courier to gain a reputation from the Boomers, and after this is done, she asks the Courier to retrieve the crashed B-29 at the bottom of Lake Mead to achieve the Boomer's dream of flight.
- The House Always Wins: House asks you to befriend the Boomers, thinking that their firepower could come in handy in the near future.
- Young Hearts: Jack is madly in love with Janet, but needs the OK from Pearl, so his love isn't blown to bits when trying to get to the air force base.
- I Hear You Knocking: Caesar needs a firing mechanism to replace one on a broken howitzer of his. Ask Pearl about a spare one you can have after you are "Idolized" by the Boomers.
- Render Unto Caesar: Caesar believes it to be a strategic advantage over the NCR if he can use the artillery that the Boomers have.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
Frag grenade x6
- After completing the quest Volare! by recovering the B-29 for the Boomers, the bomber can be seen being slowly built over time. After returning later on, one can see it fully rebuilt; the bomber has an image of a young woman with a Vault 34 jumpsuit on and the text "Pearl" next to her. This refers to Pearl, the leader of the Boomers, and is an homage to the practice of painting pin-up style nose art on aircraft that became prevalent in WWII.
- "Welcome, child! Took your sweet time getting here, didn't you? I've been waiting a good five years for an outsider to come along and visit!"
- "What you have done for us is a miracle, child. You have fulfilled the only dreams we ever had outside our walls. You are a trusted friend of us all. If there is ever a way for us to help you, child, tell me and I will make it so."
- "You picked a good time to stop by, for we're swimming in problems. My youngers can tell you all about it. Raquel could use help with the bug problem, Doc Argyll has wounded he's tending to, and Loyal and Jack might be looking for help with some repairs. Or you could just go see Pete at the museum and hear the story of our people. All you have to do there is listen. Come and go as you like, help or don't help, I leave it up to you. But I hope you'll show my youngers that not every outsider needs to be blown up."
- "Hmm, I suppose Jack deserves a chance at love. You can tell Jack she has a free pass to enter, but he is responsible for her actions. Do not make me regret this decision, outsider."
- "Those howitzers of ours aren't just for entertainment, child! Explosive ordnance is what keeps the savages at a distance. Except you! There's something special about you, child, and it was the howitzers that gave you a chance to show it!"
Pearl appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- PC Xbox 360 The first time talking to Pearl inside her barracks and after she's given the task of helping the other Boomers, the character map marker position is displayed at the location of the Lucky 38 Casino. [verified]
- Xbox 360 When the player first meets Pearl inside Pearl's Barracks the game may crash consistently whenever talking to her afterwards, making the quest Volare! unable to complete. [verified]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.