The Pax syringe is a small dart used only in the Syringer, fired via compressed air to deliver powerful poisons into enemy targets. Unlike most ammunition in the game, it is located under the "AID" section of the Pip-Boy menu, as a consumable, and has a small amount of weight.
Pax syringe (1)
- The syringe has a chance to make the target non-hostile for 30 seconds. While it says "chance", this appears to always work.
- The state of non-hostility is terminated by acts of aggression against the target. For example, if the target is damaged by the Sole Survivor or a companion, the target resumes its hostile state.
- In addition to the benefits of having one less enemy, albeit temporarily, non-hostile means the enemy won't be trying to search for the player character if hidden, and they can be pickpocketed (useful for stealing the fusion core out of an enemy in power armor, forcing them to exit).
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
Behind the senesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Pax is the Latin word for "peace" and is the Roman goddess of peace.
- This may also be an indirect reference to "The PAX" in the television series Firefly by Joss Whedon.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|