|For an overview of .44 Magnum revolver models, see .44 Magnum revolver.|
Paulson's revolver is a .44 Magnum revolver that fires a group of shots at once. It also lacks a scope, making it the only non-scoped .44 Magnum revolver available. The revolver shoots 9 pellets in one round, and each pellet has its own chance to deal a critical hit.[verification needed] It can be repaired with regular scoped .44 Magnum revolvers.
Paulson's revolver can fire a total of about 178 rounds, the equivalent of 30 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Scoped .44 Magnum - The standard variant.
- Blackhawk - While it's much stronger than the regular .44, it is also the weakest of the unique versions in terms of weapon damage. However, it is the best version in the original game without any add-ons.
- Callahan's Magnum - Named after famous gunfighter and security officer Harold Callahan. Callahan's Magnum is a more effective version of the Blackhawk, dealing more damage with less weapon degradation.
- Wernher's scoped .44 Magnum - An unobtainable version of the scoped .44 Magnum carried by Wernher. It has significantly higher health but is otherwise identical to the standard variant.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Scoped .44 Magnum||35||78.8||2.25||x2||35||32||1.1||0.3||6||229||4||300||75|
- Paulson uses a non-player version of the revolver as his primary weapon, but his inventory will contain Paulson's Revolver upon death. Reverse-pickpocketing a higher damage gun (and relevant ammo), such as an Alien Disintegrator, and pickpocketing his magnum ammo will not place Paulson's Revolver into his inventory. He will simply equip and use the new weapon. Paulson's Revolver is only obtainable before exiting the Mothership; once Paulson leaves, he and his associated items are removed from the game.
Paulson's revolver is the only unscoped .44 Magnum revolver, that can be obtained without the use of console commands. The only other unscoped revolver in Fallout 3 and its add-ons is the Mysterious Stranger's .44 Magnum, which is unobtainable without console commands.