|For an overview of .44 Magnum revolver models in the Fallout series of games, see .44 Magnum revolver.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Paulson's revolver is a .44 Magnum revolver that functions differently from the scoped .44 Magnum, firing a group of shots at once. It also lacks a scope, making it the only non-scoped .44 Magnum revolver available to the player character without the use of console commands. The revolver shoots 9 pellets with one round. Outside of V.A.T.S., this gun will get devastating critical hits quite frequently. Unlike the scoped .44 Magnum, this has a shield around the rear section of the cylinder. It is repaired with any (including unique) scoped .44 Magnums.
Durability[edit | edit source]
Paulson's revolver can fire a total of about 178 rounds, the equivalent of 30 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Scoped .44 Magnum - The standard variant.
- Blackhawk - While it's much stronger than the regular .44, it is also the weakest of the unique versions. However, it is the best version in the original game with no add-ons.
- Callahan's Magnum - Named after famous gunfighter and security officer Harold Callahan. This Callahan's Magnum is the more effective version of Blackhawk, dealing more damage with less wear and tear.
- Wernher's scoped .44 Magnum - An unobtainable version of the scoped .44 Magnum carried by Wernher. It has significantly higher health but is otherwise identical to the standard variant.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Scoped .44 Magnum||35||78.8||2.25||x2||35||32||1.1||0.3||6||229||4||300||75|
Location[edit | edit source]
- Paulson uses a non-player version of the revolver as his primary weapon, but his inventory will contain Paulson's Revolver upon death. Reverse-pickpocketing a higher damage gun (and relevant ammo), such as an Alien Disintegrator, and pickpocketing his magnum ammo will not place Paulson's Revolver into his inventory. He will simply equip and use the new weapon. Paulson's Revolver is only obtainable before exiting the Mothership; once Paulson leaves, he and his associated items are removed from the game.
Sounds[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
Paulson's revolver is one of only two unscoped .44 Magnum revolvers in Fallout 3 and its add-ons, the only other being the Mysterious Stranger's .44 Magnum, and is the only one that can be acquired without console commands.
Gallery[edit | edit source]