Background[edit | edit source]
Paulie is the classic example of a typical addict. His wife, Cindy, runs A Quick Fix, which sells chems. The shop would actually make money if he would stop using up all the inventory himself. Most of his waking thoughts are about when he can get his next fix. He is frequently distracted and has trouble focusing. Paulie and Cindy are married in name only. They barely talk and share little in common. He isn't even aware of how much he neglects his wife.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
He is the husband of Cindy Cantelli.
Daily schedule[edit | edit source]
He is normally seen roaming around anywhere in Rivet City.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
- If the Lone Wanderer gives him Psycho, he will die from an overdose. His wife Cindy Cantelli actually seems relieved when Paulie dies.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- If the Lone Wanderer has Psycho in their inventory, they can give it to him for negative Karma (-100 points). If one wants additional negative Karma, they should give him as much Psycho as they can before he dies. There are actually some drugs (including Psycho) on his own desk, which can be stolen and given back to him.
- He can be mezzed, enslaved and sent off to Paradise Falls. However, there will be no change in dialogue with his wife, Cindy.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Brahmin-skin outfit||Cantelli's room key
Pack of cigarettes
|Cantelli's room key*|
- * Only if Cindy is dead as well, or one can pickpocket the room key.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Paulie Cantelli's medical information may be accessed from Doctor Preston's terminal in the Rivet City clinic.
- It is not possible to help him overcome his addiction. All one can do is encourage, or ignore it.
- However, if Cindy dies and Paulie takes over control of the shop, he seemingly has gotten over his addiction as the Lone Wanderer will no longer have the option of giving him any more Psycho.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Wanna do some Buffout? Maybe a little psycho?"
- "Make it quick will ya, I'm coming down and I gotta get my fix."
- "Who are you? Got any Psycho? I could really use a fix, but I'm broke."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Paulie Cantelli appears only in Fallout 3.
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide, p. 392