The party hat is a plain red paper party hat with yellow polka dots and blue streamers poking out of the top. Despite being made of paper, it still provides 1 DR.
- Kid's party hat - Slightly smaller version only worn by children in Fallout 3. Otherwise, it is completely indistinguishable from the regular variant.
- Stanley's party hat - Unique variant only worn by Stanley Armstrong during the quest Growing Up Fast. Provides zero damage resistance. It appears slightly slanted when worn.
- Vault 101 - In the diner during the quest Growing Up Fast.
- Sewer waystation - On a ghoul named Gallo.
- Arefu, on a table next to the Wastelander holotape. Water caravan ambush near
- Little Lamplight - Ask Sticky about his hat upon meeting him and he will give it to the Lone Wanderer.
- Mothership Zetas cargo hold - Four party hats on a shelf with other pre-War clothing.
- While there is a party hat worn by a skeleton in a cage inside Lock and Load at Paradise Falls and another worn by a wall-mounted brahmin trophy within Dukov's Place, they are static and as such cannot be interacted with.
- The Pip-Boy's icon for the party hat shows it decorated with a swirl, but the world model is instead decorated with circles and spots.