| ||For an overview of combat shotgun models in various games, see combat shotgun.|
This is the strongest shotgun, having greater range, damage and burst fire capabilities and is able with a good burst to shred against strong foes.
- The two Enclave soldiers in the Salvatore-Enclave transaction are armed with them.
- It can also be found on several characters in NCR, like Roger Westin and Frank Carlson, who can be killed for missions, making at least two easily attainable before level five.
- Male Hubologist guards in San Francisco are armed with Jackhammers, while females have FN FAL rifles.
- Occasionally, on press gangers and one prospector in random encounters around Broken Hills and Redding, respectively.
- Mai Da Chiang, the owner of Red 888 Guns in San Francisco may stock it, as well as the H&K G11 and CAWS.
- Used by a male tanker vagrants in the PMV Valdez.
Behind the scenesEdit
In real life, the Jackhammer was a prototype design that failed to reach full-fledged production due to its manufacturer's bankruptcy. Very few functional prototypes (according to some reports, as few as three) were ever made with only 1 prototype left in existence. The game stays true to the weapon's reputation of controllability, even with automatic fire.