Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The Paladin Toaster has a black and gray casing as opposed to the zap glove's blue and yellow as well as green lights along the wrist instead of blue. There are three coils along each side similar to the heating coils of an actual toaster. It inflicts more damage than the zap glove and does bonus damage against robots and enemies wearing power armor.
V.A.T.S. Special Attacks[edit | edit source]
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
|Stomp||50||164||20||8.2||Only on knocked down enemies|
|Cross||75||90.2||20||4.51||2.5x damage to limbs|
- Note: Unarmed weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The Paladin Toaster can successfully strike about 395 times from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
+20 Power armor
+20 Power armor
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
Location[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite a small energy cell visible at the top of the glove, it does not require any ammunition.
- The name "Paladin Toaster" stems from its ability to do bonus damage to power armor, which Brotherhood paladins often wear.
- Does not do bonus damage to NCR salvaged power armor, as it is not classified as power armor.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Sometime before release, zap gloves, as well as many other unarmed weapons, were supposed to use energy cells as ammunition, but it wasn't supported by the game engine and there was not enough time for implementation.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 The Paladin Toaster uses the icon used for the Fallout 3 version of the power fist, despite the game files containing a specific icon for this weapon. [verified]
- Playstation 3 Xbox 360 While wearing the T-51b power armor or Remnants power armor, the weapon can clip inside your arm if viewed in 3rd person. [verified]
- PC If it is equipped by Veronica Santangelo and she disappears due to the known bug after her quest is completed, next time she joins back, this weapon may be gone from her inventory. [verified]