Fallout Interactive Experience
Do you like this video?
|For a cross-game overview of this perk, see Pain Train.|
“Choo-choo! All aboard! Turning Power Armor into an offensive weapon? What an exceptional idea: As long as you have the Action Points to complete a sprint before switching to your favoured weapon and you're focusing on Power Armor as a main source of protection, this can prove an excellent deterrent, at any time during combat.”— Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide description
Increased damage and chance to Stagger enemies if run into while wearing Power Armor.
|1||STR 10||Choo Choo! All aboard! While wearing Power Armor, sprinting into enemies hurts and staggers them. (Robots and oversized enemies are immune to the stagger.)||0004D89B|
|2||STR 10, LVL 24||Sprinting into enemies while wearing Power Armor now causes severe damage and a more powerful stagger. (Robots and oversized enemies are immune to the stagger.)||00065E3C|
|3||STR 10, LVL 50||Sprinting into enemies while wearing Power Armor now causes massive damage and knocks them down. Impact landing near enemies inflicts even more damage.||00065E3D|
- The effects of this perk at max rank will frequently kill low level enemies, such as basic raiders, and will knockdown deathclaws and radscorpions. Each knockdown uses 10 AP and each knock back uses 20 AP.
- Hitting enemies with Pain Train rank 1 or 2 will give them a buff that makes them immune to Pain Train for 6 seconds.
- Hitting enemies with Pain Train rank 3 will give them a buff that makes them immune to Pain Train for 12 seconds.
- The length one can charge for is based on how far the player character can sprint.
- The damage caused once enemies are hit by charging isn't instant but rather it drains quickly.
- Pain Train works very similar to Shield Charge from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Due to both games utilizing the creation engine, it acts and performs the same in the way that enemies bounce off the player character as they strike them.
- When one is standing next to enemies, it can be difficult to start charging.
- This perk is far more effective at killing enemies at lower levels. At high levels and especially on survival difficulty the damage from the charge can be quite minimal, causing less than 5% damage in most cases.
- Knocking enemies over with the charge can essentially stun them for 3–10 seconds depending how far they 'fly.' Once knocked down, the mechanics of the enemies' body has to stop moving before they can stand up.
- Shooting at an enemy hit by Pain Train with explosive rounds before they stand up will keep them airborne, thus preventing them from fighting back.
This perk can stop working without reason, preventing enemies from being damaged, staggered or knocked down, as though the Perk was never taken.[verified]
- player.removeperk 65e3d;player.removeperk 65e3c;player.removeperk 4d89b;player.addperk 4d89b;player.addperk 65e3c;player.addperk 65e3d This bug can be fixed by entering the following into the console: