Split (reason: Should be split by game like other perks)
It has been suggested that this article or section should be split. Please help Nukapedia by discussing this issue on the article's talk page.
Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics
This perk increases the player character's carry weight by 50 lbs.
- Its usefulness is reduced in Fallout 2 with the addition of larger teams of traveling companions and the Highwayman's trunk.
- In Fallout Tactics, this is useful for player characters with low Strength, i.e. sharpshooters and mediators.
Fallout: New Vegas
This perk halves the carry weight of items that have a carry weight of 2 pounds or less. All affected items in the game world will display their new lowered weight whether or not they are in one's inventory.
In Hardcore mode, this applies to ammunition weight, which could cause this perk to be especially useful, allowing the player character to carry twice as much ammunition at the same weight.
- This does not change companion carrying capacity—they still carry these items at full weight.
- The two-pound threshold applies before stacking, not after. So even though a stack of 30 one-pound Sunset Sarsaparillas weighs 30 pounds, the perk still applies.
- Synergizes well with the perks Strong Back, Hoarder , and Burden to Bear .
- This perk can be especially useful in Hardcore mode, as ammunition now has weight and more food and water items may need to be carried to stave off dehydration and starvation.
- This perk affects more than it leads on, affecting weapons, aid and misc. items all the same. This makes it more useful for those who prefer to use throwing weapons, or mines, as most of them are 1 pound or less, and will now be even lighter.
There appears to be a bug related to Pack Rat in that due to the discrepancy between a follower's weight and the Courier's weight. The Courier is capable of adding an unlimited amount of ammunition into their companion's inventory despite the fact that it will exceed the companion's max weight i.e. 30,000 rounds of 5mm ammunition can be added if the companion starts out with room to carry an extra round, and the courier deposits the rounds in small amounts at a time. [verification overdue]
|1||The weight of all junk items is reduced by 25%.||0038AB98|
|2||The weight of all junk items is reduced by 50%.||0038AB99|
|3||The weight of all junk items is reduced by 75%.||0038AB9A|
This perk does not affect the weight of junk items stored in a stash box. Any junk placed in the stash returns to its default weight.