The PT-00D is a small, pre-War biplane. It appears in many different color schemes, with the primary colors being blue, red, green, and yellow. On the wings are the roundels of the U.S. Army Air Corps, while text found on the left side of the engine confirms its model, serial number, and specifications. The craft was capable of holding a total crew load of 400 pounds.
Unlike many other vehicles that were in use before the bombs, the PT-00D did not utilize a nuclear engine. Instead, the biplane still uses a radial piston engine fueled by aviation gasoline with an octane rating of 73 as well as other gasoline which has been modified with aromatics to increase its octane rating to suitable levels.
- Six complete aircraft and several parts are at Wade Airport.
- A complete PT-00D can be found at Anchor farm.
- A crashed example is found south of US-13C Bivouac, along with a dead soldier.
- Parts of several aircraft are found at Morgantown Airport.
- A disassembled PT-00D is found in a small hangar in Sutton, along with a list of parts needed for its repair.
- Parts of a PT-00D can be found near the Whitespring golf club.
The PT-00D biplane appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenesEdit
The PT-00D is visually similar to the Boeing Stearman Model 75 biplane, a primary trainer from the late 1930s until the end of World War II. Its designation is based on the PT-series of Stearman models utilized as trainer aircraft utilized by the U.S. Army Air Corps and its successor the U.S. Army Air Forces during this era.