Owlets are juvenile owls which have been rendered nearly featherless by mutation following radiation exposure. They are flightless but have adapted to this by living in caves and can quickly hop along the ground to escape predators.
Owlets are non-hostile creatures and will always flee combat. They drop owlet meat upon death, which may be increased with Butcher's Bounty. They have 5 Damage Resistance, Energy Resistance, Radiation Resistance, Poison Resistance, Fire Resistance and Cryo Resistance.
|Name (Form ID)||Abilities||Items|
- An owlet can be found within the caverns of the Deep, in proximity to the cave entrance adjacent to the Pigsty.
- An owlet can be found in Grahm's cooking pot during the Grahm's Meat-Cook event.
- An owlet is found in a containment unit inside the Enclave research facility.
- Looting the owlet meat for the first time will automatically unlock the owlet nuggets recipe. No notification will be displayed.
- In order to observe the owlet alive, a player will need to change servers until the owlet and the crickets spawn on opposite ends of the small cave tunnel. Alternatively, the owlet may be encountered more reliably in coordination with a second player. The first player must kill the cave crickets and stay within the area. After a period of approximately 30 minutes, a second player may enter the Deep, causing the actors to respawn. The first player may then eliminate the cave crickets before they can harm the owlet.
Behind the scenes
Owlets do not have any attacks, however a leftover developer note references an "In Place Jump Foot Punch Attack".