A series of makeshift structures are arranged in a box shape with two levels, consisting of two functional powered pylons. It is patrolled by raiders, with Boomer at the helm wearing power armor and wielding a Fat Man. There are several unmarked landmarks nearby. A shack is outside the building area directly to the west and an outhouse is north of that by a pond. A single raider is living out of an abandoned cargo truck on the road leading into the outpost from the east, guarded by two turrets and dogs. There is a gate that opens onto the map border due north of the radio tower. The gate appears to be identical to a wire fence gate in all respects, but larger.
- Astoundingly Awesome Tales - Located on the workshop.
- Mini nuke - Between the tato plants and the generator (can fall through the first layer of dirt to the layer below it, clipping out of view).
- Clearing the Way: A settler tells the Sole Survivor that they are concerned about dangerous enemies in a nearby area and asks them for help in clearing it out.
- Raider Troubles: Troublesome raiders might take refuge at this location between two attacks on the Commonwealth settlers.
- Taking Point: Minutemen scouts have found a promising site for a new settlement, but it's overrun with hostiles. Preston Garvey asks the Sole Survivor to clear it out so a beacon can be set up to attract new settlers in need of a home.
- Mercer Safehouse: P.A.M. will instruct the player character to construct a new settlement to expand the reach of the Railroad.
- If the Sole Survivor clears this location and claims it as a settlement, raiders might comment during their random conversations about its capture and speak favorably about the deaths of Boomer and his crew.
- Even after clearing the area and making it a settlement, the automated turrets to the south will still be hostile towards the Sole Survivor and settlers.
- Outpost Zimonja has one of the highest build height limits in the game, with a maximum of 12 stories, surpassed by Finch farm's 13, Graygarden's 14 and Abernathy farm's 20 stories.
Outpost Zimonja appears in Fallout 4.
- Despite the player character settling this area, raiders may still respawn like in any other cell of the game. Rather than spawn as an attack, they spawn inside the settlement at their original positions and trigger on the next visit. [verified]
Despite being able to scrap the shack bridge in the settlement, the stairs leading to the bridge cannot be scrapped even with console commands as it is hard-coded into the terrain.[verified]
- As of patch 1.3, the stairs can be removed, but it is tricky to do. Alternatively, as of patch 1.94, one could scrap them with console commands.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 275: "[2.01] OUTPOST ZIMONJA
A settler camp built around an old relay station has recently been overridden by Raiders under the command of a heavily armed (and armored) ne’er-do-well named Boomer. Remember to pick that ripe Mini Nuke from the tato plant allotment afterward!"
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)