Quick walkthrough[edit | edit source]
|Side quest: Out in Left Field|
|Ask Moe Cronin for work at the Diamond City market.|
|(Optional) Negotiate a better reward.|
|Travel to Westing Estate.|
|Find the signed baseball.||Find the signed catcher's mitt.||Find the signed baseball card.|
|Bring your discoveries back to Moe.|
|Reward: 100/125/150/200 caps per collectible item found|
|Reward: 150 XP|
Detailed walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Moe Cronin is a baseball enthusiast who owns and runs the Swatters store in the Diamond City market. The Sole Survivor can ask Moe if he has any work, to which Moe will respond that he has a lead on a stash of pre-War baseball collectibles which he will pay 100 caps apiece for. This price can be negotiated higher based on the Sole Survivor's Charisma, up to a maximum of 200 caps apiece.
The three items (a signed baseball, signed catcher's mitt and signed baseball card) that Moe expresses interest in acquiring are located at Westing Estate. The estate is partially underwater and now inhabited by leveled mirelurks. The three items will be marked on the map.
The baseball is located in a Novice locked safe on the second floor of one of the flooded houses. The mitt is located in a toolbox in a garage in the unflooded section of the estate. The baseball card is located in a cooler next to a mattress, in a shack with a wooden walkway leading to it across the water.
Return these three items to Moe to receive the agreed payment and complete the quest.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
Companion affinity[edit | edit source]
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Moe Cronin might not take the signed items when you select the dialogue. There are 3 solutions to this bug:
- PC Open the console and input setstage <00035d03> 100 to finish the quest, this will also allow you to drop or sell the signed items.
- The cause of the issue, at least for some, is that the dialogue camera is turned off. In that case turning it on before delivering the items to Moe can make the dialogue work as intended.
- Though not necessarily a bug, Moe may not offer this quest if the 2076 World Series baseball bat is in the player's inventory as the needed conversation selection is replaced. The replacement topic is where the player character will attempt to offer the special bat to Moe, instead. Before approaching him in dialogue, temporarily give the bat to a companion, or drop it on the ground, initiate the quest dialogue or give him the quest items if already acquired, then retrieve the bat and sell that to him for unique dialogue.
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One After completing this quest, the Sole Survivor may come back after a few days (specific time not verified) to ask him for the same job. You can also ask for more money to do the job. The glove, baseball and card are able to be found again in their original locations. The quest can be completed again. However, if one chooses to do this, another entry will be entered into the quest tab in the Pip-Boy. [verified]