Not much is known about Otho, other than his sexism, which stems from Caesar's teachings that "women are beneath notice."
He has likely been in charge of the arena for some time, as he saw the legate fight as a recruit.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Nothin' But a Hound Dog: Since Otho runs the arena, it means he can set up the fight between you and Lupa, one of the dogs whose brain can be transplanted into Rex.
- Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy: Like above, Otho can set up a match with 4 Legion mongrels in exchange for Sergeant Teddy, as per Antony's prior agreement.
- Laurifer Gladiator: Otho will set fights up for the Courier in the arena, but only if they are male.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Legion veteran armor||Machete
Caravan shotgun or
|Hull, 20 gauge (5)||Legion ear|
- Otho will not let you fight in the arena if your character is a woman. However, if you are male, he will let you fight increasingly difficult enemies. After these are completed, Otho will tell you that nobody is brave enough to fight you. He also sets up the fight between you and Benny, if you choose to kill him that way. A female courier will be able to fight Benny in the arena.
- There is a special low Intelligence dialogue option with him, in which the Courier challenges Otho to fight instead of requesting him to set up one.
- "I set up the fights, keep track of prisoners available, and make sure the arena's cleaned up."
- "Remember the rules: light armor and machetes only. And, of course, to the death."
- "Know your place, woman. Unlike the Profligates of the NCR, only men fight in the Legion."
Otho appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Et Tumor, Brute? he may say "A woman actually proved useful for once. Caesar was bold to put his life in your hands" even if you are playing as a male character.[verified]If you speak to him after completing