Private Ortega is likely to be the first person the player talks to when approaching the NCR sharecropper farms as she is guarding the front gate. She complains how boring her assignment is, but appreciates the fact she's far away from the fighting. The only time she has any fun is when she repels the occasional group of marauding mole rats looking to eat the crops.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character has no special interactions.|
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
Trooper helmet or
|Random skill magazine
- After talking to her, she abandons her post at the gate and can be seen patrolling the area.
- If you meet her wearing a NCR uniform, she will not introduce herself and assume you are also assigned to guard the farms.
- "I'm a private in the NCR army, and I've been proudly serving for two years now."
- "Same as you, I'd imagine? Although, I'm assigned to watch over these farms and keep out trespassers. I do get to take shots at Molerats once in awhile, so that's always fun." – If player is dressed as fellow trooper
- "All right. Some of the farmers, especially Trent Bascom, claim the NCR isn't giving them the water they need to meet their crop quotas. Personally, I think they're just incompetent and making excuses. The NCR ought to send them all crying back to California."
Private Ortega appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.