Quick walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Begin the quest by listening to the Welcome to the Whitespring holotape.
- Travel to the Whitespring bunker and enter the vault.
- Take a photo and collect either Urban Operative underarmor or Forest Operative underarmor from the dispenser.
- Go downstairs and speak to MODUS.
- Go to the Admissions room and either take the entrance questionnaire or speak to MODUS to skip it.
- Take the system access tape from the dispenser next to MODUS.
- Travel to Sugar Grove and load the tape into the SigInt system terminal, found in the main room with all the terminals.
- Initiate the external connection.
- Retrieve the module instructions from an archival dispenser down the hallway.
- Return to the Whitespring bunker and deposit the instructions in the collector machine.
- Retrieve an uplink module from the dispenser near the collector.
- Travel to the National Radio Astronomy Research Center and deploy the module using the connection platform on the roof.
- Collect the contents of the care package which drops and then return to MODUS at the Whitespring bunker to complete the quest.
Detailed walkthrough[edit | edit source]
After managing to enter the bunker of Sam Blackwell and acquiring the holotape titled "Welcome to the Whitespring," after listening to it, travel to The Whitespring Resort and head for the entrance to The Whitespring bunker to gain entry to the vault hidden within. After taking a photo and collecting one of two underarmor options given to the player characters, they are then directed to speak with the bunker's artificial intelligence, MODUS.
After either taking the entrance questionnaire or skipping it by speaking to MODUS, the next step is to collect the system access tape from the dispenser next to MODUS and take it to Sugar Grove to upload it into the system there and initiate the external connection to link MODUS with the systems at Sugar Grove, though the terminal where the upload needs to be performed may be guarded by a legendary Colonel Gutsy robot or a high-level assaultron with stealth abilities. Upon loading the tape and receiving the data while providing MODUS an uplink with SigInt, it triggers an alarm inside the facility. This sends a security team of Mr. Gutsy and Protectron robots to engage the player character. Once they've been avoided or dealt with, module instructions will be dispensed from the archival dispenser down the hallway. Take those back to the Whitespring bunker and deposit them in the collector machine there. This provides an uplink module that MODUS needs to be installed at the National Radio Astronomy Research Center by deploying it on the roof.
Once that is done, MODUS is understandable as to why the player characters wanted to join the Enclave as the Kovac-Muldoon Platform has revealed the Scorched and Scorchbeasts to MODUS, making it realize the threat they pose to Appalachia and why the player characters needed access to the Appalachian Automated Launch System. MODUS has the Kovac send down a care package for the player character. Collect what's inside, which includes an Orbital scan beacon and Orbital strike beacon, and return to the Whitespring and report to MODUS, and the quest is completed as MODUS welcomes the Vault Dweller to the Enclave, rewarding them with the Bunker Buster missile launcher.
If the player characters have not completed "Back to Basic" at Camp McClintock before finishing this quest, MODUS will mention heading there to become a U.S. soldier first before granting access to the entire Military Wing of the Whitespring Bunker to trigger "Officer on Deck" and begin working up the ladder to becoming a General and getting access to the Appalachian Automated Launch System.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Any acquired mutations may be removed during the quest if Starched Genes at rank 2 has not been equipped.
- The missile launcher, Bunker Buster, is awarded when one speaks with MODUS at the end of the quest. This is a leveled weapon and can only be received once. If a player character is just below level 50, postponing will net them a better weapon (level 40 damage:180, level 50 damage: 192).
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.