Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- As the Sons of Dane automated alert radio station begins broadcasting, the public event marker will appear at the Sons of Dane compound. Join the event by fast traveling to the marker, or by entering the compound.
- Make enough noise to fill up the noise meter by blasting the jukebox, playing the various instruments scattered around the beer hall and/or attacking feral ghouls with instrument weapons, as described in Attracting the Nightstalker.
- Waves of feral ghouls spawn and attack the players as well as the jukebox (if it is playing). If the jukebox is destroyed, it can be repaired and reactivated to resume playing.
- Defeat the the Nightstalker (legendary glowing wendigo) which spawns when sufficient noise has been created.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- One Violent Night may only be selected as the public event at night.
- Kills scored with instrument weapons will contribute toward the progress bar. The following weapons, found placed upon the beer hall stage, are considered musical instruments:
- The Nailer reward is a cultist blade with the Bloodied legendary effect and a hidden mod that grants +20% damage, +30% weight, +60% value and -8 condition.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The quest is based on the poem Beowulf, which describes how Beowulf comes to the aid of Hrothgar, king of the Danes, whose mead hall is under attack by a monster named Grendel. The attack is predicated on the noise the Danes were making. Grendel kills many Danes, causing the rest to flee. Beowulf hears about this, spends the night at the hall, and defeats Grendel in a bare-handed fight by ripping off one of its arms.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The jukebox has 7 unique folk jam tracks to choose from, but only the first of them actually plays.