A former Powder Ganger, Oliver Swanick was captured in the Legion's "cleansing" of the town of Nipton. As the winner of Nipton's lottery, he was the only person allowed to leave the town alive and unharmed. When first encountered, he is excessively jubilant over this fact.
Interactions with the player character
|This character has no special interactions.|
When first entering Nipton, Swanick will run toward the Courier and initiate conversation. He will approach the Courier regardless of from which direction they enter the town.
- After first meeting the Courier, Oliver Swanick may run directly to the scorpion burrow's entrance and remain there forever. If panicked by nearby radscorpions, he may sometimes flee into the nest, and will most likely be killed by the radscorpion queen residing in the area. Swanick may also run to the Nipton Road pit stop, where he could be killed by the Jackals camping there.
- Swanick had previously been set as a respawning non-player character, resulting in him resurrecting every three days if killed. This was corrected in patch 188.8.131.525. This same patch causes many previously permanent minor non-player characters to die or disappear from the game world once their role in the story is finished, to free up resources due to the added burden of the add-ons on the game's cache. However, Swanick will remain in the game until he dies.
- "YEAH! Who won the lottery? I DID!"
- "What lottery? The lottery, that's what lottery! Are you stupid? Only lottery that matters! Oh my god smell that air!"
- "Smell that air! Couldn't you just drink it like booze?"
- "Fuck off! Win your own fucking lottery!"
Oliver Swanick appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.