Cordial but unimpressed with bluster or violence, Olin is a valuable member of the Outcast team. She is charged with maintaining and running the various electronics and servers recently discovered inside Bailey's Crossroads Outpost. She seeks to catalog and test all the items within the Outpost complex, but has had no luck breaking open the heavy blast door, which she believes leads to a bounty of lost technology.
Interactions with the player character
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 54|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Aiding the Outcasts: Olin gives the Lone Wanderer the neural interface suit and tells them to get in the pod.
- Upon first meeting her, there is a Lady Killer Speech challenge that will calm her down and cause her to answer questions in greater detail.
- If the player character assists her in defeating the mutinying Outcasts after completing the Anchorage Reclamation simulation, she will repair their items up to 50%.
- She has the only known copy of the Outcast scribe robe.
- When questioned about the simulation, she says it was likely developed to train soldiers for the actual liberation of Anchorage. This conflicts with the Outcast outpost terminal entries and other evidence (including evidence cut from the game) suggesting the simulation was developed by Chase following the battle and is intended to be a (potentially inaccurate) recreation, not a training exercise. Details in the simulation itself, such as the soldiers posing for the picture that became the Anchorage Memorial statue and the presence of Vertibirds, also support the simulation's development occurring after the battle.
- Defender Sibley hints Olin performed, or at least oversaw, Gary 23's beating, as Sibley hopes Olin will treat "the new guy" better than the last person.
- During the battle with Sibley, Olin may pick up and use weapons in the armory.
- "Oh, I... I'm sorry. Things have been tense here lately, and I'm afraid it's getting the better of me. I shouldn't be taking it out on you. Did you need something?"
- "You're not sitting in that thing unless you're wearing the suit for it. I'm not going to have you fry the circuits."
- "Don't you know? This sim had to have been one of the most important of its time -- it's the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from the Chinese. Not up on your history, huh? Back before the world was nuked, the Chinese had invaded Anchorage, Alaska. That really amped things up. Eventually, the Americans went in and liberated the city, but there were heavy losses. This simulation trained soldiers for that engagement!"
Behind the scenes
Outcast members Sibley, Olin, McGraw and Morrill, all of whom appear in the Operation: Anchorage add-on for Fallout 3, appear to be named after buildings on the campus of Cornell University, including Sibley Hall, Olin Hall, Olin Library, McGraw Hall, McGraw Tower, and Morrill Hall.