Old World Blues is an upcoming add-on for Fallout: New Vegas, developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Bethesda Softworks. Unlike Dead Money, it will release simultaneously on all platforms in June 2011.
Old World Blues will (like all other upcoming DLCs) raise the level cap by 5, add a trait that allows the player to respec their character and, for the more hardcore players, cap their level out at their current level (beginning at level 30).
The player's equipment will not be stripped from them at the beginning of the DLC, and the DLC features an open-world setting.
In Old World Blues you will discover how some of the Mojave’s mutated monsters came to be when you unwittingly become a lab rat in a science experiment gone awry. You'll need to scour the Pre-War research centers of the Big Empty in search of technology to turn the tables on your kidnappers or join forces with them against an even greater threat.
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help Nukapedia by writing it.
Behind the scenes
- In Dead Money, Father Elijah describes the Big Empty as "a treasure box, a scientific graveyard of Old World misery". Additionally, mentions of the Big Empty act as a trigger for the Things to Come! challenge. The Big Empty was a location that was scrapped from Black Isle's cancelled Fallout 3.
- At some point, Chris Avellone set his location on his Twitter profile to Big MT, Mojave, placing the Big Empty as a location within the Mojave Wasteland and thus teasing its possible appearance in a future Fallout: New Vegas add-on. Since then, Avellone has also changed his Twitter avatar, which has been speculated to depict ODYSSEUS, the schizophrenic AI overseer of the Big Empty.
- J.E. Sawyer has suggested that Old World Blues will be the zaniest add-on.
- "Mean Old World Blues" is the title of T-Bone Walker's 1945 remake of his 1942 opus, "Mean Old World".
On Playstation.com, the preview for May's episode of Qore shows clips of footage from Old World Blues.
- ↑ Bethesda Blog » Blog Archive » Dead Money coming to PS3 & PC, more content on the way
- ↑ honest hearts screenshot, dlc out may 17 - Bethesda Softworks Forums.
- ↑ Is there anyone that DOES like having their gear taken away? - Bethesda Softworks Forums - Page 3
- ↑ User blog:Ausir/Old World Blues reportedly coming in May - The Vault, the Fallout wiki - Fallout: New Vegas and more
- ↑ will we see more comedic items like the Pint-sized slasher mask from FO3 in future DLCs | Formspring
- ↑ Qore®-May-2011 Edition - Watch a preview of this Qore episode from PlayStation®Network