A lifelong scavenger, Gibson has made her life as a trader and repairwoman. In her youth, she traveled with caravans, meeting and getting to know Doctor Henry during these travels. She subsequently settled with her husband in the Novac area. Together they scavenged the REPCONN test site for the better part of their lives, scrapping and selling everything they could from the location. She mentions that her chair, the "O" from the REPCONN sign, is her favorite.
Continuing to operate the scrapyard after her husband's death, she offers repair services and sells a variety of items. If asked about her nickname, she shares that it does not bother her, as she believes living long is an accomplishment. Living with her at the scrapyard are several pet dogs, including Rey, Colmillo, Fiel, and Audaz.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character is a merchant.|| 911-7299|
Sells: ammunition, cards
chems, clothing, explosives, misc. items, weapon mods
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 79|
- Come Fly With Me: Old Lady Gibson will sell the Courier the thrust control modules.
- Nothin' But a Hound Dog: Old Lady Gibson may be approached about using Rey's brain to cure Rex. She will ask for 700 caps or will agree for free with a Barter check of 70.
- ED-E My Love: Talking to Gibson will activate ED-E's first audio log.
- She carries the unique sawed-off shotgun Big Boomer and stocks the components for the weapon repair kit.
- To the west of the scrapyard place is Gibson's shack, which serves as a part of the quest I Could Make You Care.
- If the Courier attacks one of Old Lady Gibson's dogs while she is inside the scrapyard building, she will not become hostile.
Old Lady Gibson appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
- She has a pair of duplicate casino edition caravan cards, if you buy both the game will crash but if you only buy one the game will continue and the extra card will disappear from her inventory. [verified]
- setstage 001572E8 10 console command to reset the dialogues and continue the quest. [verified] It appears that if you come to Gibson Scrap Yard and talk to Old Lady Gibson before obtaining ED-E, she will not give you the unique dialogue options required to continue the quest, and ED-E merely ignores her. Use
- Old Lady Gibson may stop giving you caps for any items that you sell to her. The items will disappear from your inventory, but no caps will appear in their place. The items will not appear in her sell screen or inventory, either. [verified]
- If your quest marker leads you to Helios One Solar Array area it may point you to the ground meaning that you may have killed Old Lady Gibson. The only way to finish the quest is to return to her garage and obtain the thrust control components from one of the containers. Note that the quest marker will be stuck in place and will not show you back to the garage. Simply ignore it, get the components from her garage, and the quest will update from there. [verified]
- At some point later in the game fast traveling to Gibson Scrap Yard may cause there to be a Legionary Assassin sitting outside in Old Lady Gibson's seat. She will still come out in the morning but will stand near the door. If you fast travel away and back again you will find Old Lady Gibson is now seated and the assassin is now standing beside her. When she goes to bed at night he will sit again. It is unknown if he will ever leave. [verified]
- Occasionally, when she is inside eating, Old Lady Gibson will become invisible, but still able to interact with the player. [verified]
- Occasionally when leaving Helios One through the room near Fantastic, you will find Old Lady Gibson and her dogs accompanied by several mole rats, all hostile. Loading the auto save will get rid of her however. Also if you walk around a bit you'll bump into invisible items that came from the Gibson Scrap Yard. [verified]
- Before any patches when you ask Old Lady Gibson to repair an item the console will crash and freeze. [verified]
- Occasionally when Old Lady Gibson is killed while sleeping her body will appear on the opposite side of the room. [verified]
- When you talk to her with ED-E, and she activates his Enclave data, she will be gone the next time you come to see her. She could just pop up after that at HELIOS 1 but it is not for sure. This can be very annoying because you will not be able to buy or sell anything to her ever again. [verified]
- Sometimes when trying to sell an item to Gibson, your item will be removed from your inventory, but you will not receive the caps. This can cost players lots of money if they don't make sure the caps are being received. [verified]
- If you kill her and steal the key, then take her items from her safe, she will shout "Don't take that!". [verified]
- Old Lady Gibson can appear walking in mid air and then land on the ground between Helios One and Camp Forlorn Hope. [verified]
- When using the repair option when talking to her it is possible for the game to freeze. [verified]
- Occasionally after you kill Old Lady Gibson she will not have the Big Boomer in her inventory. [verified]