|For other characters in the Fallout universe named Ben, see Ben.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Old Ben is right outside the entrance to the New Vegas Strip in Freeside when the Courier first meets him. He warns the player character not to go to the gate of the Strip without talking with the Securitron gatekeeper first, or they'll get vaporized. After further questioning, he tells the Courier that he used to be in many jobs, such as a bodyguard, male escort, a gun-for-hire, courier, as well as a butcher.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
Wang Dang Atomic Tango: When looking for a male escort, the Courier can choose between Ben and Santiago to be a "smooth talker" for the Atomic Wrangler casino. Old Ben can be persuaded through either a Speech check or the Confirmed Bachelor/Black Widow perk.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If he is killed, the Courier gains Freeside infamy.
- Unlike Santiago, the player character cannot have sex with him after Wang Dang Atomic Tango has been completed.
- Old Ben, The King and Santiago permanently smile, even in combat.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Old Ben appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 He can sometimes, after you talk to him, run to the Strip's gate where he will be obliterated by the Securitrons. [verified]
- PC Xbox 360 If you recruit Santiago and go to the Atomic Wrangler to tell James then go back to Ben and pass the Speech check you will be awarded 50 XP and he will run to the Atomic Wrangler. Then when you go back to the Wrangler you can speak to Ben again to pass the Speech check infinitely, earning 35 XP per check. You can also still use the Black Widow/Confirmed Bachelor perk. Speaking to James will not bring the option to recruit Ben. [verified]