Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A catch-all term for any kind of flammable and/or slippery liquid. Oil is a component in crafting that is used in the production of water purifiers, generators, explosives, firearm modifications, and turrets.
Production[edit | edit source]
Miscellaneous object (see below)
|Aluminum oil can||2||.5||4|
|Gold plated flip lighter||1||0.5||2|
|Industrial size shortening||5||4||1.25|
|Mr. Handy fuel||2||3||0.67|
|Shipment of 25 units||25||0||∞|
|Used oil can||1||0.5||2|
- * Nothing is gained if one does not have at least level 1 of the Scrapper perk. At level 3, yields are at least doubled.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Oil can be found all around the Commonwealth:
- Over 25 oil can be collected at Dunwich Borers by collecting all the many canisters and lanterns around the site.
- Often found in junk items near Red Rockets.
- Four Mr. Handy fuel can be found on a rack near the fast travel point at the Super Duper Mart.
- One bottle can be found in a small shed at Reeb Marina.
- Evan's home. Four bottles can be found on a shelf in
Shipments of 25 oil can also be purchased from:
- KL-E-0 in Goodneighbor
- Trashcan Carla, who roams between Sanctuary Hills and Drumlin Diner
- Proctor Teagan on the Prydwen.
- Isabel Cruz in the Mechanist's lair (if she is spared during Restoring Order)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Oil can be extracted from cutting fluid, which can be made at a chemistry station from bone, acid, purified water and steel.
- Oil is an important ingredient in power generators, water purifiers, and other electronic structures.