The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Completion of this quest grants access to the command wing of the Whitespring bunker, which is necessary to launch nuclear weapons and start other radiant quests.
|Main quest: Officer on Deck|
|Speak with MODUS in the bunker Military Wing|
|Earn 10 promotional Commendations by doing:
|Reward: Last Bastion|
|Completed. Leads to: I Am Become Death|
- Kill starred epic creatures or scorchbeasts. One commendation is awarded for each creature. Starred epic creatures are most often encountered in events such as Leader of the Pack, AWOL Armaments, Uranium Fever, Monster Mash and horde events. Not all events will spawn a starred creature but the chances are much better than finding them in random encounters. Scorch beasts can be found at any fissure site and in the Line in the Sand and Surface to Air events. For easier kills, there are fissure sites near Firebase Major, Firebase LT, and Forward Station Alpha, each base having two Automated surface to air missile batteries (ASAMs). There is also a fissure site near Survey camp Alpha with one ASAM. Attacking the scorchbeast then retreating to one of the bases gives a player assistance in killing the scorchbeast. In the events and at the bases, the player must participate by actively attacking the scorchbeast. If the ASAMs kill it without the player damaging it, no commendation will be awarded. The events can spawn multiple scorchbeasts, a commendation will be awarded for each one the player participates in killing.
- Complete Enclave events. These will be offered from time to time and are clearly identified as "Enclave Events" on the map. These are radiant quests with varied locations. There are three types:
- Enclave Events: Dropped Connection which requires repositioning small satellite dishes in an infested area, usually a town.
- Enclave Events: Bots on Parade which requires defending the bots at a bot terminal while they are being reprogrammed.
- Enclave Events: A Real Blast where the player activates lures while being swarmed by creatures such as Snallygasters.
The first two events grant one commendation each on completion, the "Real Blast" event grants two commendations per completion.