The off-road vehicle is large and boxy with room for four: the driver, a front passenger, and two rear passengers on a bench behind them. A spare tire is mounted on the back on the right side of the vehicle. Causing damage to some of these vehicles will result in an explosion. Some factions, such as the Free States, painted their logos on the hood of the vehicles.
There are 71 off-road vehicles in Appalachia, in locations such as:
- Several can be found at the Whitespring Resort.
- Three can be found at the the Whitespring bunker in various states of disrepair.
- Two can be found at the unfinished mansion.
- One can be found at Camp McClintock.
- One can be found at Morgantown Airport.
- One can be found at the entrance to the Burning Mine.
- One can be found at Beckwith farm.
- One can be found at Big Fred's BBQ Shack.
- One can be found on the road just east of National Isolated Radio Array.
- One by the Ohio River in Point Pleasant.
- One used as a crop planter at the unmarked gnomes' allotment south of Fort Atlas.
The off-road vehicle appears in Fallout 76.