Quick walkthrough[edit | edit source]
|Side Quest: Obtain flint to have Mynoc sharpen your spear|
|Talk to Mynoc.|
|Obtain flint from Morlis.|
|Steal the flint.||Barter for flint.||Persuade Morlis to give the flint.|
|Reward: 200 XP|
Detailed walkthrough[edit | edit source]
In Arroyo, the bridge leading to the world map is guarded by Mynoc. With a Perception of at least 6, he can be asked about his sharpened spear. Males with Sex Appeal will have to improve his reaction first by not reacting to his rudeness during conversation and having CH 7. He will tell you that if you can find a piece of flint, he will sharpen your spear as well. He suggests that you ask Aunt Morlis for a piece.
Aunt Morlis is definitely not fond of you, so you'll have to work her to get what you need. There are several ways to do this:
- Trade her 3 healing powders for it.
- Ask her nicely (requires 51% Speech skill and passing a Speech check, you also receive 50 XP for doing so).
- Steal it (-3 Karma).
- If caught twice, she will just give it up.
- Talk to her and press the barter button. You can trade items for her flint, then finish the dialog saying you will find her healing powders. This way is cheaper than giving her 3 healing powders.
- If all else fails, you can also obtain a flint by abusing game mechanics: when you get to the point of giving her the powders, go into the barter window and drop all powders. Go back and say that you give her the powders and you'll receive the flint for free - the game can't take from you the powders that you don't have.
Head back to Mynoc and he'll give you a sharpened spear, using up a spear in your inventory. If you have no spears in your inventory, achievable by dropping them all before conversation, then he will give you one of his spears, sharpened.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
It is possible to get two pieces of flint: steal or barter for one, then trade 3 healing powders for a second (when trading, the script creates the item out of thin air instead of taking it from her inventory). Trading needs to be done before getting a sharpened spear or Morris won't talk to you any more. It's however not possible to ask Mynoc to sharpen another spear since immediately after sharpening, the corresponding quest variable is changed to a value that blocks the dialogue option. [verified]