|For an overview of all grenades, see Hand grenade.|
For an overview of Nuka-grenades, see Nuka-grenade.
For an overview of other plasma grenades, see Plasma grenade.
Nuka-grenades are crude yet effective thrown explosives comprised of a sealed tin can filled with Nuka-Cola Quantum, Abraxo cleaner and turpentine, which react with each other in a radioactive explosion. Around the middle of the tin are several strips of masking tape with the words "RADIATION" and "DANGER" written on both sides.
When thrown, the grenade erupts into a blue and orange fireball. Flames and radiation linger for a few seconds after the explosion.
- For schematics and component locations, see Schematics - Nuka grenade.
- Unlike most craftable weapons in Fallout 3, Nuka-grenades can be found in the wasteland.
- There is a Nuka-grenade on the Mechanist's workbench.
- A Nuka-grenade can be found on a workbench in the Evergreen Mills Foundry.
- Another is located on the second floor from the top of the Old Olney S. Wilson Building in a crate, under a desk above and to the left of the entrance.
- the Citadel armory, however, they can only be accessed if the Citadel was blown up in the Who Dares Wins quest. There are three Nuka-grenades in
- engineering core of Mothership Zeta. A few can be found in the
Tin can (1)
Abraxo cleaner (1)
Nuka-grenade (1 per schematic)
- Nuka-grenades are not affected by either the Demolition Expert or the Pyromaniac perks.
- Followers do not seem to account for the Nuka-grenade's increased explosive radius when using them, leading to frequent friendly fire.
- Having the Quantum Chemist perk provided by the Broken Steel add-on allows turning ten regular Nuka-Colas into a single Nuka-Cola Quantum, and since regular Nuka-Colas are much more common and can be found in restocked inventories of some merchants, the perk allows creating an essentially unlimited supply of these grenades.
- The Nuka-grenade should be used very carefully at close ranges. Besides having a risk of dealing massive damage to the user when used incorrectly (just like any other grenade), the radiation levels from a Nuka-grenade explosion can be astoundingly high. It produces a lingering radiation level of 50 rads for 2 seconds that is roughly half the size of the explosion itself.
- In the G.E.C.K., the Nuka-grenade is called a Nuka cocktail, as its original design was based on a Molotov cocktail, using a Nuka-Cola Quantum as a component. The model for this early design can still be found in Fallout 3's projectiles folder of Meshes.bsa.
- If one is thrown on (or at) Harold, he will catch on fire before it explodes.
Behind the scenes
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
Originally, the Nuka-grenade was planned to be designed in a form of a bottle, resembling the Molotov cocktail.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content|