The Nuka-World power plant is a location in the Nuka-World Amusement Park in the year 2287. It is located directly west of the Galactic Zone, in the northwest part of the map. It can be seen from a distance as it is atop a small rocky hill.
According to plant terminal entries, there was a meltdown on April 28, 2077, shortly before the park was scheduled to open for that year's season. The accident was then covered up by the Nuka-Cola Corporation. An employee, C. Carlson, angrily demanded that the season opening be delayed, but was fired, and the other employees were reminded of their employment agreement to not discuss park matters. The park opened as usual that year.
The roads and grounds of the plant consist of feral ghouls. The path through the plant is straight forward, consisting of a linear path with a few twists and turns. There are a few Nuka-mixer stations downstairs, as well as a couple of Nuka-World raiders (Disciples, Operators or the Pack). The basement has a room protected with a terminal holding a full set of leveled power armor. The upstairs office has a pool table and a desk with a terminal on it. A safe is in the corner behind the desk. Heading down the ramp from there, jump to the room across the broken ramp to find another safe.
On the roof is a locked door that requires a key to open. Behind this door are the controls that restore power to the rest of Nuka-World. The key can only be obtained from the boss that betrays the Sole Survivor during Power Play (Nisha, Mags Black or Mason). The door is also unlocked on completion of Open Season. On the outside, a checkpoint is located at the bottom of the hill, leading to the entrance of Dry Rock Gulch.
- Two full suits of leveled power armor - One is in a room in the basement, while the other is in the maintenance building to the southeast. Both are behind Advanced locked terminals.
- Fusion cores - Pre-installed in the power armors mentioned above.
- Nuka-Power recipe - On the desk in the room with the pool table and the Nuka-World Power: Employee Terminal.
- An overdue book - In the basement in a locker, near a skeleton on a comfy pillow.
- Plant control room key - On the boss of the gang that betrays the Sole Survivor during Power Play.
- After reactivating the power plant, previously locked areas in Nuka-World will now be accessible. These include:
- The elevator leading to the final star core in Starport Nuka, which allows the Sole Survivor to use the mainframe terminal to open the glass case containing the Quantum X-01 power armor.
- The Dry Rock Gulch employee area.
- The secure beverageer lab in the Nuka-Cola bottling plant.
- Old park rides such as the Ferris Wheel in Kiddie Kingdom and the roller coaster in Nuka-Galaxy.
- Nuka-World Red Rocket settlement workshop access. Located to the east of the Nuka-Cola bottling plant.
- Employee Communications entry - 4/28 Meltdown: "What the HELL happened?
We submitted a full report last week, explaining the whole series of failures that resulted in who knows how much contamination. WHY WASN'T THE PARK OPENING DELAYED?"
- Oversight terminal - Report #6071: "Date: 4/28/77
Incident Type: Forced Shut Down -- [REDACTED] Filing Employee: A. Buckley Notes: Critical Failure of [REDACTED] due to series of events starting with [REDACTED] blockage in secondary pump system, followed by PORV in [REDACATED] stuck in OPEN position. This resulted in loss of [REDACTED] m3 of coolant, and possible leakage of [REDACTED] into park river. UPDATE: Corporate review of this incident has determined that no major faults can be found, incident was mis-characterized as a Class 1 Failure when in fact it was merely a Class 7 event. Park operation can continue as normal, and this should not affect the upcoming season opening."
- Employee Communications entry - Additional shifts available: "Since we're coming up on the end of the season, and we're a little short-staffed already, what with Carlson being fired and all, I just wanted to put it out there that we've got additional shifts available for anyone looking to make a few extra bucks."
- RE: 4/28 Meltdown entry: "To all employees: After consulting our Corporate Offices, and careful examination of the events, it has been determined that on-site evaluation of the Class 7 event was performed incorrectly, and that the incident was not nearly as severe as initially feared. The good folks at Corporate assured us that everything is great, we're going to have a great season, and ask that you please read through the pages 94-107 of your Employee Agreement, specifically with regards to the dissemination of any information about your work here at the parks. They'd like to remind you that discussion of any events on park grounds is a violation of that agreement and could result in administrative action. Thanks all - let's have a great year!"