Background[edit | edit source]
The Nuka-World access tunnels were used by the personnel of Nuka-World, with the intention to move around unseen beneath the amusement park.
After Nuka-World was conquered by raiders, the access tunnels were used to construct the majority of "The Gauntlet," an enclosed system of deadly challenges for all newcomers entering Nuka-World via the Nuka-Express, built for the raiders' entertainment.
The Gauntlet consists of several rooms full of traps, turrets, and creatures that victims must survive, and is littered with the corpses of those who died trying. Those who survive the access tunnels and reach the Cola-cars arena must then fight the raider leader, Overboss Colter, in a rigged fight which is impossible to win and results in certain death for all victims.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Upon entering the access tunnels, there is a novice locked terminal to the left that allows the turrets to be shut down in the next room if awoken. These turrets awake only if the clapping monkey trap is triggered and can be avoided if shot from the other end of the room before being alerted. The exit door key is located behind the monkey.
The next room consists of a generator room transformed into a small maze featuring a variety of traps. Private Tyler's corpse can be found in a corner of this room. Further on is an old vehicle tunnel. Along the way are a number of frag mines and a truck bed full of Galactron Protectrons.
Further on, the tunnel has collapsed into a large cavern with only a poorly constructed bridge across, followed by an Expert locked door. If the cavern is fallen into, several mirelurks will rise from their hiding places. This area also features the deceased super mutant Crag in the mirelurk-infested waters below the bridge.
Once this area is passed, the next obstacle is the booby-trapped door to utility access 8-N. The path following the door is likewise booby-trapped. The path leads to a room filled with dangerous gas, many radroaches, and the deceased Sergeant Marcks. The gas flow can be slowed by closing all valves but ultimately will only stop once the exit door is open. The computer and door leading to the computer are once again locked, but both the password and door key can be found nearby. The exit of this room leads to the Nuka-World maintenance shed.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Nuka-World storage room key in the room with the turrets, sitting on the console in front of the door it opens. Opens the door to the storage room.
- Personal log on Private Tyler's remains, in the same room with the infected rats.
- A fusion core just after passing the wooden bridge, inside the maze.
- Recon log on Sergeant Marcks' remains, in the same room with the gas valves.
- Nuka-World utility substation key in the same room with the gas valves. Opens utility room.
- Utility substation password in the same room with the gas valves. Opens security gates.
- Crag's plan, on the remains of the super mutant Crag, in the mirelurk part of the tunnels.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]