In Fallout, this addiction is referred to as "Nuka-Cola Craving," while in Fallout 2, it is referred to as "Nuka-Cola Reliance, and in Fallout Tactics, "Nuka-Cola Addiction". Although it cannot occur to the player character in these games, other wastelanders in Fallout 3, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 are said to be addicted to Nuka-Cola.[Non-game 1]
- The player character cannot become addicted to Nuka-Cola in Fallout 3, but they can become addicted to Nuka-Cola Quantum. There are a number of non-player characters who make comments about being addicted to the soda, such as Zip in Little Lamplight and Sierra Petrovita.
- The Sole Survivor cannot become addicted to Nuka-Cola in Fallout 4. Sheffield in Diamond City and Sierra Petrovita in Nuka-Town USA make comments about their own addictions.
- In a farewell letter, Clara regrets the role she played in her mother's addiction and swears revenge on the Nuka-Cola marketing team. Additionally, Sgt. Cominsky of the Fire Breathers is said to be a Nuka-Cola addict.
- In Fallout Tactics, if addiction is caused by drinking Fusion Cola, the duration is significantly longer: 1000 hours.
- Fallout 2d20 Rulebook p.162: "There are numerous reported instances of addiction to Nuka-Cola, with excessive consumption causing painful headaches in those who go too long without a bottle of that thirst-zapping beverage. This, however, doesn’t happen in the same way as other addictions such as to alcohol or to chems like Jet."