| ||For an overview of Nuka-Cola soda in the Fallout series of games, see Nuka-Cola.|
The unique taste of Nuka-Cola is the result of a combination of seventeen fruit essences, balanced to enhance the classic cola flavor. The balance is precarious and minute adjustments can affect it severely. Such was the case when the freshly launched Nuka-Cola was reformulated in response to the Great Passion Fruit Famine of 2044 and consumers noticed the change in flavor.
Nuka-Cola contains excessive amounts of caffeine and 120% of the recommended daily value of sugar, making it decisively unhealthy for extended consumption. To counter the negative image, it was marketed as being fortified with vitamins, minerals, and "health tonics." Intensive consumption can cause Nuka-Cola addiction, which can lead to splitting headaches if Nuka-Cola isn't consumed on a regular basis.
Nuka-Cola Quartz is a flavor of Nuka-Cola that enjoyed a limited release in the American Southwest. It remains a rare find in the post-apocalypse. It has a classy look, thanks to the lack of added food colorings but a distinctive white tint and glow. It was developed under the code name "Angry Beaver", during development the beverageers added non-soluble sugar flakes to simulate a quartz-like appearance and to counteract the cavitation issues from previous attempts.
This version of the soft drink also gives the drinker low-light vision, much like the effects given after taking Cateye. The Nuka-Cola Corporation had a trademark battle with Vim! Pop Incorporated over the "Quartz" trademark since Vim was also selling a drink known as Vim Quartz. Nuka-Cola won the battle.
Nuka-Cola Quartz is unique in that it has a white coloration. It provides low-light vision similar to Cateye, gives more health than a regular Nuka-Cola, and temporarily increases Damage Threshold. However, it contains much higher radiation than its regular counterpart and is much harder to find.
Survival Skill effectEdit
|10||+2 DT , +3 Hit Point for 20s||+12 Dehydration , -18 Sleep|
|20||+2 DT , +4 Hit Point for 20s||+14 Dehydration , -21 Sleep|
|30||+3 DT , +4 Hit Point for 20s||+16 Dehydration , -24 Sleep|
|40||+3 DT , +5 Hit Point for 20s||+18 Dehydration , -27 Sleep|
|50||+4 DT , +6 Hit Point for 20s||+20 Dehydration , -30 Sleep|
|60||+4 DT , +6 Hit Point for 20s||+22 Dehydration , -33 Sleep|
|70||+4 DT , +7 Hit Point for 20s||+24 Dehydration , -36 Sleep|
|80||+5 DT , +7 Hit Point for 20s||+26 Dehydration , -39 Sleep|
|90||+5 DT , +8 Hit Point for 20s||+28 Dehydration , -42 Sleep|
|100||+6 DT , +9 Hit Point for 20s||+30 Dehydration , -45 Sleep|
- Note: Radiation is not affected by Survival skill level.
This item can be crafted by the player.
Nuka Chemist perk
Nuka-Cola Quartz (1)
Though rare like Nuka-Cola Victory, it glows bright white with a hint of blue. It's hard to miss in low light conditions.
|Closest map marker||Quantity||Description|
|Vault 3||1||In a storeroom inside the billiard room, on your right position. Lockpick skill of 25 required.|
|Boulder City||3||In the storage shelves behind the counter in the Big Horn Saloon. May be bought or stolen.|
|Camp Golf||5||In the House Resort. Upon entering, take a right, then a left into the kitchen. They will be on a shelf. They must be stolen.|
|Mojave Outpost||3||On a shelf behind Lacey. They must be stolen.|
|Poseidon Gas Station||1||South of the gas station, is Violet's trailer fort. It is in a crate on a shelf on top of the fort.|
|REPCONN headquarters||2||In the gift shop, in the back room, next to two Nuka-Cola Victory.|
|The Tops||5||In the kitchen of the Tops restaurant.|
|Zapp's Neon Signs||2||Upstairs in the office.|
|Higgs Village||1||In a rocket play set behind House#103.|
|X-7b "Boom Town" target zone||1||Just north of the Target Zone, in a demolished house, along with a Nuka-Cola Victory.|
|X-13 research facility||1||On the 1st floor underneath a Chemistry set, along with a Nuka-Cola Victory.|
|Hopeville missile silo bunker||1||Next to the Maintenance Bot Control terminal|
- For some reason, when the player consumes a Nuka-Cola Quartz, the sound is that of crunching instead of drinking. The player will also not get a bottle cap unlike from the regular Nuka-Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla bottles. The same happens with Nuka-Cola Victory. When picking up a Nuka-Cola Quartz, it also makes a normal sound, unlike the regular Nuka-Cola which sounds like a drink.
- Nuka-Cola Quartz is one of the only three consumables in the game which temporarily increase Damage Threshold, the others being whiskey when Cass is your companion (providing the Whiskey Rose perk) and datura hide from the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Honest Hearts.
- Nuka-Cola Quartz is a required component of the Nuka-Grenade added with the add-on Gun Runners' Arsenal.
- Be careful when giving this to companions, or putting it in fridges in your home, because if they drink it you will get the low-light vision effect.
Behind the scenesEdit
- During the 2008 E3 as a promotional item, people were given a real drinkable version of Nuka-Cola. It greatly resembles the 1950s look of the Coca-Cola brand bottles.
- During 2015/2016 a real version of Nuka Cola Quantum could be purchased online and in Target stores worldwide.
- The name of the Nuka-Cola creator, John-Caleb Bradberton, is an amalgamation of the inventors of Coca-Cola (John Pemberton) and Pepsi-Cola (Caleb Bradham).
- Its logos, bottle designs, market crash, and even its name are heavily based on Coca-Cola.
- PC Xbox 360 If a nearby non-player character consumes a Nuka-Cola Quartz, the player may receive the light blue overlay as if the player consumed the Nuka-Cola. [verified]
- Xbox 360 If a nearby non-player character consumes a Nuka-Cola Quartz, and the player receives the light blue overlay, indoors and the player leaves the building, rather than a light blue overlay, the world will be in black and white, but the HUD will remain its normal color. [verified]
- Xbox 360 If put into your vending machine at the Lucky 38, followers left at the Presidential Suite will go to the machine and will drink the Quartz from the machine. The light blue overlay will appear when a follower drinks a Quartz. Will sometimes happen when player is away from Presidential Suite, but mostly occurs when player is in Presidential Suite for a certain length of time. Note: Moving Quartz to another container will not stop them from drinking it. It must be moved outside the Presidential Suite or be on the player at all times. [verified]
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found