|For an overview of Nuka-Cola, see Nuka-Cola.|
Nuka-Cola Quartz bottles glow bright white with a hint of blue. It provides low-light vision similar to Cateye, gives more health than a regular Nuka-Cola, and temporarily increases Damage Threshold. However, it contains much higher radiation than its regular counterpart and is much harder to find.
Survival skill effect
|10||+2 DT , +3 Hit Point for 20s||+12 Dehydration , -18 Sleep|
|20||+2 DT , +4 Hit Point for 20s||+14 Dehydration , -21 Sleep|
|30||+3 DT , +4 Hit Point for 20s||+16 Dehydration , -24 Sleep|
|40||+3 DT , +5 Hit Point for 20s||+18 Dehydration , -27 Sleep|
|50||+4 DT , +6 Hit Point for 20s||+20 Dehydration , -30 Sleep|
|60||+4 DT , +6 Hit Point for 20s||+22 Dehydration , -33 Sleep|
|70||+4 DT , +7 Hit Point for 20s||+24 Dehydration , -36 Sleep|
|80||+5 DT , +7 Hit Point for 20s||+26 Dehydration , -39 Sleep|
|90||+5 DT , +8 Hit Point for 20s||+28 Dehydration , -42 Sleep|
|100||+6 DT , +9 Hit Point for 20s||+30 Dehydration , -45 Sleep|
- Note: Radiation is not affected by Survival skill level.
Nuka Chemist perk
Nuka-Cola Quartz (1)
|Closest map marker||Quantity||Description|
|Vault 3||One||In a storeroom inside the billiard room, on your right position. Lockpick skill of 25 required.|
|Boulder City||Three||In the storage shelves behind the counter in the Big Horn Saloon. May be bought or stolen.|
|Camp Golf||Five||In the House Resort. Upon entering, take a right, then a left into the kitchen. They will be on a shelf. They must be stolen.|
|Mojave Outpost||Three||On a shelf behind Lacey. They must be stolen.|
|Poseidon Gas Station||One||South of the gas station is the Violet and Violetta trailer compound. It is in a crate on a shelf on top of the fort.|
|REPCONN headquarters||Two||In the gift shop, in the backroom, next to two Nuka-Cola Victory.|
|The Tops||Five||In the kitchen of the Tops restaurant.|
|Zapp's Neon Signs||Two||Upstairs in the office.|
|Higgs Village||One||In a rocket playset behind House #103.|
|X-7b "Boom Town" target zone||One||Just north of the Target Zone, in a demolished house, along with a Nuka-Cola Victory.|
|X-13 research facility||One||On the 1st floor underneath a chemistry set, along with a Nuka-Cola Victory.|
|Hopeville missile silo bunker||One||Next to the Maintenance Bot Control terminal|
- When the player character consumes a Nuka-Cola Quartz, the sound is that of crunching instead of drinking. The player character will also not get a bottle cap unlike from the regular Nuka-Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla bottles. The same happens with Nuka-Cola Victory. When picking up a Nuka-Cola Quartz, it also makes a normal sound, unlike the regular Nuka-Cola which sounds like a drink.
- Nuka-Cola Quartz is one of the only three consumables in the game which temporarily increase Damage Threshold, the others being whiskey when Cass is your companion (providing the Whiskey Rose perk) and datura hide from the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Honest Hearts.
- Nuka-Cola Quartz is a required component of the Nuka-Grenade added with the add-on Gun Runners' Arsenal.
- Giving the drink to companions or leaving it where they can access it may result in their consumption of it, subsequently causing the low-light vision effect for the Courier.
- If a nearby non-player character consumes a Nuka-Cola Quartz, the player may receive the light blue overlay as if the player consumed the Nuka-Cola. [verified]
- If a nearby non-player character consumes a Nuka-Cola Quartz, and the player receives the light blue overlay, indoors and the player leaves the building, rather than a light blue overlay, the world will be in black and white, but the HUD will remain its normal color. [verified]
- If put into your vending machine at the Lucky 38, followers left at the Presidential Suite will go to the machine and will drink the Quartz from the machine. The light blue overlay will appear when a follower drinks a Quartz. Will sometimes happen when player is away from Presidential Suite, but mostly occurs when player is in Presidential Suite for a certain length of time. Note: Moving Quartz to another container will not stop them from drinking it. It must be moved outside the Presidential suite or be on the player at all times. [verified]