|For the consumable in Fallout 76, see Nuka-Cherry (Fallout 76).|
For an overview of Nuka-Cola, see Nuka-Cola.
|Not to be confused with Cherry Nuka-Cola.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Nuka-Cherry was originally the product of Merle Haverston, branded as Merle's Very Cherry Soda, prior to being acquired by the Nuka-Cola Corporation. After acquiring the patent, Nuka-Cola Corp. rebranded it as Nuka-Cherry and changed the flavor profile to that of a Nuka-Cola and cherry mixture along with adding coloring to boost its visual appeal to consumers.
Sometime before the Great War, the Nuka-Cola Corporation introduced its own cherry-flavored soft drink, branded simply as Nuka-Cola Cherry. However, unlike the Nuka-Cherry beverages distributed in the Boston and Appalachia areas, this other cherry-flavored soda proved highly unsuccessful.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Nuka-Cherry shares the same look as the other bottles of Nuka-Cola but adds a bright red color to it and a cherry flavoring. According to the Fallout Tactics lore, Nuka-Cherry, or Cherry Nuka-Cola, was very unpopular due to its taste. This is contradicted by loading screens describing it as having "instant success."
Variants[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Nuka-Cola bottling plant. Five can be found throughout the
- Three can be found in the Dugout Inn.
- Three can be found in Kellogg's house in the hidden room.
- Three can be found inside the Super Duper Mart.
- Three can be found on the ground in the secret side of Vault 81.
- Two sold by Shelbie Chase at the Nuka-Town market.
- One can be found in the roof office of Longneck Lukowski's Cannery behind a Novice locked door.
- One can be found in the first house on the right when coming down the path from Vault 111 in Sanctuary Hills.
- One can be found in a shopping cart east of Concord, behind the Museum of Freedom.
- One can be found beside a skeleton in the abandoned blue cottage at the Coastal cottage.
- One can be found in HalluciGen, Inc., on the shelf at the bottom of the stairs after the observation room.
- One can be found in the Combat Zone, on the upper right platform beside an ammo box.
- One can be found in one of the stalls in the women's bathroom of the General Atomics factory.
- Nakano residence. One can be found on the kitchen table in the
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The effect of Nuka-Cherry is similar to that of Nuka-Cola Victory from Fallout: New Vegas.
- Nuka-Cherry can be put into Buddy through the "I'll take a beer" dialogue option to produce ice cold Nuka-Cherry 12 hours later, despite not being a beer.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and is speculative and may not be accurate.|
The story of its introduction, rejection, and replacement by Classic Nuka-Cola mimics that of the real-life New Coke campaign. In reality, however, New Coke initially received generally positive reactions in terms of taste, but the iconic status of the old formula produced a strong backlash reaction that pressured executives into changing it back.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
References[edit | edit source]