The Nuka-Cade is an arcade-hall featuring different kinds of arcade games. There are five different kinds of playable games in the Nuka-Cade that require Nuka-Cade tokens to function: Hoop Shot, Atomic Rollers, Whac-a-Commie, Bandit Roundup and Nuka-Zapper Race. The arcade game-winners are awarded Nuka-Cade tickets that can be redeemed for prizes. The prize selection rotates around every few days and prizes range from souvenirs to power armor. Weapons received from the prize machine can have legendary effects.
The Nuka-Cade consists of a large building divided into several rooms. The Sole Survivor enters into a reception area with two token dispensers that dispense Nuka-Cade tokens in exchange for pre-War money, and a desk with a first aid kit beneath it. Down the stairs in this area is the prize terminal where tickets may be redeemed and then spent using the available menus.
The northern room contains the Bandit Roundup game, the southern room contains the Nuka-Zapper Race, the northeast room contains seven stations for Whac-a-Commie and five stations for Hoop Shot. In the southeast room, there is one station for Whac-A-Commie and five stations for Atomic Rollers, as well as an employees-only door that leads into a generator room with a fusion core and a weapons workbench.
- Bandit Roundup
This is a shooting gallery game with two rows of various targets. As time goes on the targets will begin moving faster until the time is up. A pipe pistol and some .38 rounds are provided, but any projectile or melee weapon may be used. No points are deducted for missing a target. The targets are each worth a different amount of points:
- Rabbit - 100 points
- Pig - 150 points
- Duck - 200 points
- Star - 250 points
- Nuka-Cola bottle - 300 points
The targets that spawn in each game are randomized, so the highest score that can be achieved varies from play to play. If all of the targets are hit in a game the high score fluctuates roughly between 7,000-10,750 points and averages about 8,500 points which would award an average of 765. That said its possible to get as low as 560 tickets from a round of play with only a mid 6000s score. The point to reward ratio gets better the higher your score is. 7900 points will barely get you 700 tickets, less than a tenth, but if you score 11900 you'll be rewarded over 1200 tickets.
- Hoop Shoot
This is a timed basketball game that awards 100 points for each ball that goes through the hoop before time runs out.
- Star core - In the southern-most room on the weapons workbench.
- Fusion core - In the same room, on the fusion generator.
- Two Commie whackers - In the area with the Whac-a-Commie games, on the ground.
- Two Thirst Zappers - In the area with the Nuka-Zapper Race game, on the counter.
- Acid Soaker - Randomly generated in the redemption terminal.
- Paddle ball and its ammunition paddle ball string - Randomly generated in the redemption terminal.
Nuka-Cade prize terminal rewardsEdit
There are five prize levels and there are at most eight items available at the same time for each level. Each item can only be bought once but there can be several copies of the same item available, e.g. three Nuka-Cola Dark in the level 5 prize list.
The list of prizes changes every few days and the stocks are replenished.
On top of the list below, the terminal also proposes to redeem various weapons, armor parts and power armor parts for the prize levels 4 and 5. Armor parts and weapons redeemed through the terminal have a high chance of having a legendary effect. Those items often cost more than 10,000 tickets and sometimes are upwards of 20,000 tickets.
|# of tickets||Prize||Prize level|
|50 tickets||Paddle ball string||1|
|50 tickets||Souvenir coffee cup||1|
|50 tickets||Souvenir drinking glass||1|
|50 tickets||Souvenir plate||1|
|100 tickets||Souvenir plastic bowl||1|
|150 tickets||Souvenir magnet badge||1, 2|
|150 tickets||Souvenir magnet cat||1, 2|
|150 tickets||Souvenir magnet cow||1, 2|
|150 tickets||Souvenir magnet flower||1, 2|
|150 tickets||Souvenir magnet frog||1, 2|
|150 tickets||Souvenir sloth toy||1, 2|
|150 tickets||Souvenir teddy bear||1, 2|
|250 tickets||Souvenir toy car||2, 3|
|500 tickets||Paddle ball||3|
|1000 tickets||Nuka-Cola Orange||3, 4|
|1000 tickets||Nuka-Cola Wild||3, 4|
|2000 tickets||Pack left bracer||5|
|2000 tickets||Nuka-Cola Quartz||3, 4|
|2000 tickets||Nuka-Cola Victory||3, 4|
|2500 tickets||Nuka-Cola Dark||4, 5|
|4350 tickets||Combat shotgun||4|
|3000 tickets||Jet Fuel||5|
|3750 tickets||Pack stuffed chest piece||5|
|3750 tickets||Operators chest piece||5|
|5000 tickets||Mini nuke||5|
|6250 tickets||Acid Soaker||5|
|10100 tickets||Assault rifle||5|
|10650 tickets||Plasma rifle||5|
|12350 tickets||10mm pistol||5|
|15300 tickets||Laser gun||5|
|21600 tickets||Combat rifle||5|
|21650 tickets||.44 pistol||5|
|27200 tickets||Steadfast Assault rifle||5|
A book return terminal can be seen behind the wall of the prize redemption area if using tcl console command. While usable, it serves no purpose and has only junk items.
Below are the average Nuka-Cade tickets the player character will receive from a minute of play at each machine if played perfectly. This means hitting the red menace at least once each time it pops up, making at least sixty hoops in a game of hoop shoot, finishing atomic rollers quickly with a perfect score of 7000, not missing any targets in an average game of bandit roundup and winning Nuka-zapper as quickly as possible. Bandit Roundup gives the most tickets for their time and Whac-A-Commie gives the least.
- Whac-a-Commie ~ 240 Nuka-Cade tickets per minute of play
- Nuka-Zapper Race ~ 375 Nuka-Cade tickets per minute of play
- Atomic Rollers ~ 485 Nuka-Cade tickets per minute of play
- Hoop Shot ~ 490 Nuka-Cade tickets per minute of play
- Bandit Roundup ~ 635 Nuka-Cade tickets per minute of play
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One When redeeming a large item, such as a power armor chest piece, from the terminal, it is possible that the item can get stuck inside the mouth of the Cappy, making the piece of armor unobtainable.
- PC users can use the tcl console command to grab the prize if it gets stuck.
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One It is possible to be stuck in a loop of being 'pulled' into viewing the terminal if you repeatedly select it before the animation actually happens. This can be stopped with a simple reload of your quicksave/save. [verified]