Nuclear material is a crafting component in Fallout 4.
A catch-all term for the various radioactive substances found in the Commonwealth. Nuclear material is a rare and valuable item used to craft weapon modifications as well as various explosives.
Miscellaneous object (see below)
Nuclear material (varies)
- Nothing is gained if the player does not have at least level 1 of the Scrapper perk.
- Can be looted from dead super mutant suiciders if they've detonated their mini nuke, otherwise they will drop the mini nuke.
- Can be looted from any glowing creature.
- Occasionally found in bags of meat.
- Can often be looted from the bodies or goo piles when enemies are killed by plasma weaponry or any weapon with the plasma infused modifier.
- Shipments can be bought from Alexis Combes in Vault 81, but only at certain times are they available.
- Gained from scrapping the uranium deposits in Vault 88.