Quick walkthrough[edit | edit source]
|Institute Main Quest: Nuclear Family|
|Return to The Institute|
|Initiate dialogue with Father.|
|Finish the conversation.|
|Reward: 1500+ XP,|
Institute paint mod for X-01 power armor,
Father's lab coat
Detailed walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Return to the Institute to speak with Father and listen to his final words before he dies of end stage cancer. Shown next is the ending scene, showing glimpses of the Sole Survivor's life prior to the Great War and their experiences since.
This short quest completes the Institute questline. The player character may continue their adventures in the Commonwealth afterward.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once this quest is completed, Father's memorial will appear in the Institute, and Institute synths will patrol the Commonwealth's military checkpoints.
- If the player kills Father before his natural death, the player will become enemies with the Institute, and this quest will still complete.
- On page 128 of the Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide the quest icon is different, namely that of a radiant Institute side quest.
- After this quest is completed, the Sole Survivor is the new acting Director of the Institute, and the Institute paint for the X-01 power armor will become available.
See also[edit | edit source]
- The Nuclear Option (Brotherhood of Steel): The final act of the Brotherhood of Steel questline.
- The Nuclear Option (Minutemen): The final act of the Minutemen questline.
- The Nuclear Option (Railroad): The final act of the Railroad questline.