With this perk, you will erupt into a devastating nuclear explosion similar to the explosion of a car or mini nuke whenever your health is reduced to 20 or less. Any allies in the vicinity will also suffer the effects of the blast.
- The perk is similar to that of "Nuclear Man", a runner up in Bethesda's Fallout Anniversary Contest.
- The player character will be healed by a certain amount of health (to make health 20+) when this perk activates. The amount of damage dealt and healing received is determined by the player's damage resistance. Radiation is reset to 0 after exploding (although it's likely to collect some radiation from the explosion itself).
- The player character will continue to explode every 10 seconds until their health is 20+.
- The explosions caused by this perk do indeed damage armor. This is important if the player character is currently wearing rare types of armor, or if the player's repair skill is low.
- The blast radius can damage/cripple your limbs.
- Even though all radiation is removed when the player explodes, having a higher radiation level when the explosion occurs does not increase damage at all.
PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When playing on Normal+ difficulty, you can be killed by the explosion before the health regain activates. This makes the perk entirely useless at higher difficulties (the perk merely kills you when your health reaches 20).[verified]