The quarry is inhabited by many trappers. The center area of the quarry is comprised of a water-filled ditch containing a number of mirelurks, along with an array of explosives which can be triggered from a safe distance via a button located on the balcony of a shack overlooking the quarry on the north end.
The explosives can be detonated repeatedly, effectively killing any mirelurks staying in the ditch. Once all mirelurks have been killed, a mirelurk queen will emerge from the watery ditch, on which explosives will no longer work. Therefore the queen must be taken out via a different method. There are also several shacks towards the west side of the quarry, one of which has a tension trigger connected to its door, releasing a frag grenade upon opening unless the trigger is disabled.
The interior area of the quarry can be accessed by a door in the northeast area, at the back wall of a smaller area of the ditch littered with mirelurk eggs. Inside is a small tunnel with a sizeable amount of trappers located on a large wooden support at the back of the cave. At the back wall on the supports, there is a steamer trunk.
- Islander's Almanac issue #1 - On a table at the foot of the bed next to the steamer trunk in the interior area (5% less damage from mirelurk melee attacks).
- Fury - Right below the almanac.
- Fusion core - Inside the booby trapped shack to the southwest.
- Northwood Quarry notes - Note 1 is in the same booby-trapped shack on a desk. Note 2 is lying on a table in the large shack assembly in the quarry's center.
- Mini nuke - Inside the main shack, to the left after entering, on a table.
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - On the roof of the main shack, next to a garden gnome with a lit cigar in his mouth.
- Trapper Attack
- Quartermastery: Scribe Haylen has identified the location of a piece of technology she wishes to retrieve and catalog. She asks the Sole Survivor for help in bringing back the technology in one piece.