New York City was a pre-War city in the United States.
|The following is based on the Fallout Bible and is not considered canon.|
In 2065, a nuclear reactor, struggling to power the population of seventeen million people, went super critical for a period of about five minutes. While there was no explosion, the NYC incident coined the term "hot summer" for a heat-related electrical overload on nuclear systems.
|End of information based on the Fallout Bible.|
- Dean Domino performed in New York City before the Great War.
- The Statue of Liberty can be seen in the holodisk video game Atomic Command, which is found in Fallout 4 and Fallout 76.
New York City is mentioned in the Fallout Bible 0 and also in a Capitol Post article about the disbanding of the United Nations in Fallout 3. It is also mentioned in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Dead Money, as well as Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, with the Statue of Liberty making a cameo appearance in the Atomic Command game. New York City is also listed as "gone" along with Washington, Boston and the rest of the East Coast on Arnold Wabash's terminal located in the Nucleus Command Center. A Boston Red Sox fan was also arrested by the Boston Police Department for standing on an overturned car and holding a defaced t-shirt with "WE BEAT NEW YORK!" written on it.
- ↑ Fallout Bible 0 June, 2065: "Due to enormous demands for electricity in the summer of 2065, a nuclear reactor in New York City almost goes critical. The near meltdown brings into effect power rationing, and the term "Hot Summer" is used to refer to the New York incident."
- ↑ Civil Alert System Broadcast: "This morning, Saturday October 23rd, authorities detected that a nuclear attack had commenced against the United States. The following cities affected include, but are not limited to: Washington, DC; New York; Philadelphia; and Boston."
- ↑ NVDLC01Dean.txt Line 240-241: "And me? I've had prime billing in Europe, New York... and this gig doesn't feel like that. Don't get me wrong, I can hold an audience, conduct a score from the rooftops, but I'm guessing I'm the odd man out in this whole heist."