The New River Gorge Resort is located on the eastern end of the New River Gorge Bridge. It is a sprawling resort area with a main welcome building, six residential cabins, and a pool area. A wooden walkway leads north across Interstate 59 to a picnic area and an adventure park with a high ropes course. Several wild mutfruit grow around the location.
A large circular driveway connects the welcome building to the main road. The building contains the remains of a gift shop with a few toys and a reception desk. There is a first aid box and a locked (Picklock 1) safe behind the desk. There is also a Nuka-Cola machine and cigarette machine in the waiting area, as well as an Eat-o-tronic attached to one of the walls.
All the residential cabins are roughly similar, all containing a living area, small kitchen, a bathroom, and at least one bedroom. However, they are in varying states of disrepair and contain different post-War occupants. There are also raider corpses in some of the cabins.
The pool area is east of the welcome building. It contains a large swimming pool, a covered picnic area, and a refreshment stand. The refreshment stand contains a cooking station and a first aid box. The pool itself is currently infested by mirelurks.
- Jamey's journal - November 2 - Holotape, on a pillow in a bedroom of the cabin directly south of the visitor center and west of the barricaded cabin.
- Jamey's note 1 and 2 - Notes, inside the blockaded southeast cabin accessed by the destroyed flooring underneath, above a couple of sleeping bags on the second floor.
- Potential Vault-Tec bobblehead - North across Interstate 59, inside the top platform at the end of the adventure course in the woods.
- Two potential recipes:
- In the kitchen of the concessions stand near the pool, on the center counter next to an oven mitt.
- In the same kitchen, on the cooking stove.
The New River Gorge Resort appears only in Fallout 76.