Background[edit | edit source]
The New River Gorge Bridge is a distinct teal-painted steel arch bridge that spans over the New River. Part of Interstate 59, the bridge connects the Appalachian cities of Sutton and Charleston. The bridge is featured on the label of a local red ale.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The bridge is split into two map locations, including the New River Gorge Bridge East and New River Gorge Bridge West. The bridge and surrounding buildings are inhabited by feral ghouls, bloatflies and bloodbugs.
The upper road of the bridge is collapsed down onto the maintenance walkway in several sections along the length of the bridge. There are also stairways at each end of the bridge down to a maintenance room for each side. The door to the eastern maintenance room has a level 2 lock that must be picked. The door to the western maintenance room requires a key which must be acquired from Camden Park.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Carl's note - Holotape, reveals that he took the West Bridge key with him to Camden Park, in the maintenance area on the east end of the bridge.
- Potential Vault-Tec bobblehead - On a desk by a terminal in the locked maintenance area on the east end of the bridge.
- Potential magazine - In the small shack accessed by a support beam.
- Raider power armor - Behind a locked door in the west maintenance section.
- Fusion core - Behind a locked door in the west maintenance section, in a storage room on the right immediately after the entrance, on a bottom metal shelf row.
Notes[edit | edit source]
The bridge is featured on the label of New River Red Ale, though it appears red in color.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The New River Gorge Bridge appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The New River Gorge Bridge is based on the real world structure of the same name built in 1977, connecting the West Virginian cities of Fayetteville and Lansing as part of U.S. Route 19.
- The West Virginia state quarter, released in 2005, features the New River Gorge Bridge.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 4 This location appears to be bugged while completing the challenge of taking photos in the Forest region. The quest will not update upon taking a photo here. [verified]
- PC Playstation 4 A dead radstag lying on the beams on the west side of the bridge is incorrectly noted as a brahmin. [verified]