This massive arch bridge, measuring 3,030 feet (924m) in length, spans the New River Gorge in West Virginia, and is one of the largest single-span arch bridges in the world. This massive bridge is part of Interstate 59, allowing direct access between Charleston, Morgantown, and Grafton, without having to take detours through winding state routes.
The bridge is split into two map locations: New River Gorge Bridge East and New River Gorge Bridge West.
The upper road of the bridge is collapsed down onto the maintenance walkway in several sections along the length of the bridge. There are also stairways at each end of the bridge down to a maintenance room for each side. The door to the western maintenance room has a level 2 lock that must be picked or the key must be acquired from Camden Park.
- Carl's note - Which reveals he took the West Bridge key with him to Camden Park, in the maintenance area on the east end of the bridge.
- Random magazine - In the small shack accessed by a support beam.
- Random bobblehead - On a desk by a terminal in the locked maintenance area on the east end of the bridge.
- The East Bridge key can be found in a blue lunch pail partway across the bridge (near a body wedged under debris).
- Raider power armor - Behind a locked door in the west maintenance section.
The New River Gorge Bridge appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenesEdit
This bridge is based on the real-world New River Gorge Bridge.
- PC Playstation 4 This location appears to be bugged while completing the challenge of taking photos in the Forest region. The quest will not update upon taking a photo here. [verified]
- PC Playstation 4 A dead radstag lying on the beams on the west side of the bridge is incorrectly noted as a brahmin. [verified]
- ↑ Real-life history and world map.