The New River Gorge Bridge is a steel arch bridge that spans 3,030 feet (924 m) over the New River near Fayetteville, West Virginia. Part of U.S. Route 19, the bridge connects the Appalachian cities of Fayetteville and Lansing, West Virginia.
The bridge is split into two map locations, including the New River Gorge Bridge East and New River Gorge Bridge West. In 2102, the bridge and surrounding buildings are inhabited by feral ghouls, bloatflies and bloodbugs.
The upper road of the bridge is collapsed down onto the maintenance walkway in several sections along the length of the bridge. There are also stairways at each end of the bridge down to a maintenance room for each side. The door to the eastern maintenance room has a level 2 lock that must be picked. The door to the western maintenance room requires a key which must be acquired from Camden Park.
- Carl's note - Holotape, reveals that he took the West Bridge key with him to Camden Park, in the maintenance area on the east end of the bridge.
- Potential Vault-Tec bobblehead - On a desk by a terminal in the locked maintenance area on the east end of the bridge.
- Potential magazine - In the small shack accessed by a support beam.
- Raider power armor - Behind a locked door in the west maintenance section.
- Fusion core - Behind a locked door in the west maintenance section, in a storage room on the right immediately after the entrance, on a bottom metal shelf row.
The New River Gorge Bridge appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenesEdit
The New River Gorge Bridge is based on the real world location of the same name.
- PC Playstation 4 This location appears to be bugged while completing the challenge of taking photos in the Forest region. The quest will not update upon taking a photo here. [verified]
- PC Playstation 4 A dead radstag lying on the beams on the west side of the bridge is incorrectly noted as a brahmin. [verified]