The capital of sin, prominently known for its casinos (the Shark Club and the Desperado) and total freedom with an abundance of prostitutes, alcohol and drugs. New Reno is home to, among many other things, the Golden Globes studio, the Jungle Gym and the Cat's Paw brothel. There is also a substantial weapons outfitter dubbed New Reno Arms. The town in 2241 is run by four different families: the Mordinos, the Bishops, the Wrights, and the Salvatores. By 2281, all of the original families more or less retain their power, with the exception of the Salvatores, as the city is now run mostly by the Wrights. They are, however, contested by a newly arrived crime family: the Van Graffs.
Isolated and partially shielded by mountains, Reno survived the apocalypse in enough of one piece to be rebuilt as New Reno. Now the dons of the city have made Reno more important and more powerful than it ever was in the beforetimes. In fact, the only thing that threatens New Reno are the groups vying for power within the city itself. New Reno maintains its pre-War reputation for offering all manner of vice, but the dueling for control of the city by its four powerful families makes it more dangerous than ever. During 2241, New Reno is the largest populated area in the wastes.
New Reno has no official government or police force. However, aside from their internecine conflicts, the families generally keep order and make the city safe for tourists from the wastes, sending any troublemakers who disrupt the tourist trade to Golgotha, a burial site near New Reno. The tourists are eager to partake in the gambling, prostitution, and drug usage, (particularly jet, which was developed near New Reno in the Stables by boy-genius Myron) offered by the city's mobsters. Jet is distributed from family supported dealers and independent people alike such as Jagged Jimmy J.
New Reno was led by the Mordino family and the Bishop family by 2241. The Mordino family schemed to take over Redding by addicting Redding's miners to jet en masse. The Bishops intention on the other hand, was to take over Vault City, by using a band of raiders with arms supplied by the New California Republic to lay pressure on Vault City, and force them into becoming annexed by the NCR. They sought to end New Reno's mob-based anarchy and bring it into an alliance with the NCR, working within the NCR's congressional system to legalize prostitution and gambling within the republic.
New Reno also acts as a major trading partner in the Big Circle trading Brahmin, as well as operating trading routes between the Den for slaves and chemicals from Vault City caravans. Both these trades are overseen by the head of the Slavers Guild, Metzger. Essentially, most drugs and alcohol in New California come from here, drugs are mainly produced by the Mordino family that also was in control of most of the prostitution trade in New Reno while the alcohol is mainly brewed by the Wrights family.
Some time after 2242, conflict between the different crime families become a little more intense and after the Salvatores were usurped, the Van Graffs expanded into New Reno to increase its sales empire and became one of the most prominent crime families of the city. With the reconstruction and the emergence of New Vegas and The Strip in 2274, the former gained in popularity and became a rival to the city of New Reno.
By 2281, the Bishops and the Mordinos families are still there but are not as powerful as before, while the two most powerful families in New Reno, the Van Graffs and the Wrights are currently battling over the reigns of the city. New Reno by 2281 is also one of few major cities in New California to not be a part of the New California Republic.
New Reno can be found fifteen tiles east of Arroyo and then sixteen tiles south.
New Reno is divided into four districts, and one outside section.
Virgin Street is the entrance of New Reno with the old Reno sign, advertising "The Biggest Little City in the World". Jules stands here, giving newcomers and tourists some global information on New Reno. Interesting places include the illustrious Cat's Paw brothel and on the northern end of the street, the Desperado casino, the Mordino family headquarters.
The middle part of New Reno, and the location of two other families. It contains the boxing club Jungle Gym, the pornography studio Golden Globes, the Shark Club, the Bishop family headquarters and the Salvatore's Bar, the Salvatore family headquarters.
The eastern part of New Reno and the headquarters of the Wrights family. Practically the entire area is covered by the Wright's mansion and the railway station north of it, and almost all dwellers there were members of the Wrights family.
This district is the western part of New Reno, also known as the Commercial Row. It remains under Salvatore family protection, but due to the presence of New Reno Arms, the main weapons shop of New Reno, all mobsters are welcome, so long as they behave themselves. Out of it, other important locations here include the Renesco pharmacy, a drug store, and the Drunk Cupid Chapel, the chapel of Father Tully, an alcoholic priest.
This location is only accessible once the Chosen One has acquired the Highwayman and it has been stolen while parked. It only contains the Chop Shop, managed by T-Ray and work with his band of mechanics for Mr. Bishop, where they remove fuel cells and batteries from derelict cars and sell them for profit.
- John Bishop
- Leslie Anne Bishop
- Angela Bishop
- Bishop child
- Big Jesus Mordino
- Lil' Jesus Mordino
- Old Man McGee
- Marjorie Reed
- Corsican Brothers
- Louis Salvatore
- Orville Wright
- Chris Wright
- Keith Wright
- Richard Wright
- Ethyl Wright
- Miss Kitty
- Stuart Little
- Pete McKneely
- Evan Holyfeld
- Jagged Jimmy J
- Pretty Boy Lloyd
- Recover your stolen car
- Find out who was responsible for Richard Wright's overdose
- Suspect: Jagged Jimmy J
- Suspect: Jules
- Suspect: Lil' Jesus Mordino
- Suspect: Renesco
- Find a way into the Sierra Army Base
- Track down Pretty Boy Lloyd, recover the stolen money, and make an... example of him
- Collect tribute from Renesco
- Help guard Enclave transaction
- Find some endorphin blockers to make a cure for Jet
- Bust up Wright's still beneath the train station
- Assassinate Westin in NCR without making it look like a murder
- Murder Carlson in NCR
- Deliver ten Cat's Paw magazines to Miss Kitty
- Deliver a laser pistol to Eldridge
- Deliver Big Jesus's package to Ramirez at the Stables
- Collect tribute from the Corsican Brothers
- Assassinate Boss Salvatore for Big Jesus Mordino
- New Reno is one of the few cities that are not part of the NCR in New California.
- New Reno is an important location for trade of the Happy Trails Caravan Company by 2281.
- Clayton Ettienne, Mags and Stella of Fallout: New Vegas were born in New Reno.
- The Courier can say they have traveled here in dialogue.
- New Reno has working phones.
- Causing havoc in the streets can earn the player "idolized" reputation in New Reno.
Vault City travel logEdit
- New Reno: City southwest of Vault City. Trades gold ore for medical supplies from Vault City. Reno suffered little structural damage during the war (though looting and property damage have taken their toll), so many streets and buildings remain intact. Warning! There is no central government and no law enforcement. Gambling, prostitution, and drug use are rampant. Vault Citizens are warned to avoid New Reno at ALL costs!
- Population: No current census, but believed to be several thousand..."people".
- Government: New Reno presently exists in a state of near-anarchy. According to reports, several "crime families" have divided the city amongst themselves.
- Background radiation count: Current readings are unavailable.
- Mutation rate: Unknown, believed low.
Notable quotes about New RenoEdit
- "The biggest little town in the world. Trashcan fires and neon signs bathe the city in a hellish glow." – New Reno description, Fallout 2
- "Judging from the crowd in the casino, looks like more human sewage has washed into Reno..." – Leslie Anne Bishop
- "Imagine New Vegas if there was no Mr. House-type fella keeping the peace, then give everybody a gun and a Jet addiction. Town's run by a bunch of crime families, no law to speak of. Make trouble, and you wind up buried in Golgotha, outside town. The scuzz factor's off the charts. Non-stop whoring and drugs. Couldn't walk down the street without getting asked to star in a porn movie." – Stella
New Reno appears only in Fallout 2 and is mentioned by:
- Clayton Ettienne, Bruce Isaac, Mags and the Courier in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Stella in Honest Hearts.
- Jed Masterson in Honest Hearts ending slides.
- Ulysses in Lonesome Road.
- ↑ Dialogue with Clayton Ettienne and Bruce Isaac in Fallout: New Vegas
- ↑ Fallout 2 Official Strategies & Secrets
- ↑ NCFTULLY.MSG, line 730
- ↑ NCFTULLY.MSG, line 720
- ↑ "Town's run by a bunch of crime families, no law to speak of. Make trouble, and you wind up buried in Golgotha, outside town." – Stella, when asked about New Reno.
- ↑ "Well, I've lived in Nevada all my life. Started out in New Reno, but headed down here as soon as I got the chance. If you can believe it, things are even worse back home. The whole city's still run by crime families. Used to be the Mordinos and Wrights. Now it's the Wrights and Van Graffs. Seems like things never get better. Anyway, that's all behind me now." – Clayton Ettienne
- ↑ NcChpBoy.msg - "T-Ray's in the back. On the phone."
- ↑ NcTRay.msg: "I woulda gone to the Enclave, too, 'cept I was talkin' on the phone too much."
- ↑ NVDLC04Ulysses.txt#NVDLC04DialogueEDENVDLC04UlyssesTopic139