|The following is based on Van Buren and is not canon.|
The New Canaan outskirts are a district of New Canaan.
- Gatehouse - This is where two of the New Canaan deputies stand watch over the entrance to New Canaan "proper." When people approach, they stop them, make them surrender their weapons and drugs, and only let them enter if they have not been banished from New Canaan. One usually rests inside while the other stands guard.
- Steve's place - This is where Steve lives. Steve is a member of the Followers of the Apocalypse. However, he is far from benevolent. He is trying to organize an assassination of Jeremiah Rigdon so the people of New Canaan can have a democratically-elected ruler. Steve is a hard-ass and believes in extreme measures.
- Secret entrance - This is a secret entrance into New Canaan through the junkyard wall. The "stealthy" approach to assassinating Jeremiah Rigdon is to go through this entrance, revealed by Steve.
- The Union - This old bar is barely in working order. It is run by Emma, a non-Mormon originally from Redding, to the west. Every night, she and her crew make dinner for the squatters and provide limited booze. Also, every night, Jeremiah Rigdon comes here to talk to the sinners in an effort to convert them.
- Standing house - This is the only independent building in this area that is standing with all four walls and a roof intact. Many squatters live here.
- Map entrance - This is the entrance to New Canaan from the east. This is where the Prisoner's car/vehicle is parked when they arrive on the map.
- Building foundations - These buildings have burned to the ground. Only the remnants of walls and foundations remain. Many squatters live here.
- Gate: This is the closed gate leading into New Canaan. It is normally watched by the deputies in the gatehouse.
- Desert road - The remnants of the roads leading into New Canaan. This specific location is also where the PC's car is parked.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.