Fallout Interactive Experience
Do you like this video?
|For a cross-game overview of this perk, see Nerd Rage!.|
“Genius. Is. ANGRY! When your Health drops below 20%, time slows and you gain +20 Damage resistance and do 20% more damage while the effect lasts.”— Rank 1 description
Increased Damage Resistance and output when at 20% of total Hit Points.
|1||INT 10||Genius. Is. ANGRY! When your Health drops below 20%, time slows and you gain +20 Damage resistance and do 20% more damage while the effect lasts.||0004D886|
|2||INT 10, LVL 31||You now gain 30 more Damage Resistance and do 30% more damage while Nerd Rage is in effect.||00065E37|
|3||INT 10, LVL 50||You now gain 40 more Damage Resistance and do 40% more damage while Nerd Rage is in effect. Kills you make while enraged restore some lost Health.||00065E38|
- Unlike previous versions of Nerd Rage, due to the diminishing returns of Damage Resistance in Fallout 4, one should no longer consider the primary benefit of Nerd Rage to be the additional damage reduction, although it does help in a pinch. Instead, the slow-time effect and the damage bonus are the primary defensive (and offensive) mechanisms.
- The damage bonus lasts as long as the Sole Survivor is below 20%, however the slow-time effect only lasts about as long as a normal (unmodified by Chemist) dose of Jet.
- It is possible to repeatedly re-trigger the effect by healing the player character above 20% and then taking enough damage to drop back down below 20% health.
- If time is already slowed from a Jet-based drug, then the player character won't get much extra benefit from the slowed time, though they still gain the damage and damage resistance bonuses.
- There can be buggy interactions if this perk is triggered during VATS (giving the player character the bonus damage and resistance but not the slow-time effect), though re-entering and leaving VATS tends to help.
Behind the scenes
Nerd Rage may stop activating when health drops below 20%. This issue can be temporarily remedied by bringing up the Pip-boy then closing it while your health is under 20%. It is not currently known what causes the issue. (Bug is confirmed to occur with all ranks of Nerd Rage). [verified]
- This problem can be fixed by removing and adding the perks via the following console commands in order:
- player.removeperk 00065e38 (skip if you don't have Nerd Rage at rank 3)
- player.removeperk 00065e37 (skip if you don't have Nerd Rage at rank 2)
- player.removeperk 0004d886
- player.addperk 0004d886 (adds Nerd Rage rank 1)
- player.addperk 00065e37 (adds Nerd Rage rank 2)
- player.addperk 00065e38 (adds Nerd Rage rank 3)
- Jet. It sometimes also happens with V.A.T.S, giving you real time speed in V.A.T.S.[verified] The slowing of time may sometimes be cancelled by chems such as