Nephi's golf driver is a unique golf club utilized as a two-handed weapon. Compared to its more common variant, the 9 iron, it is in more pristine condition, having a straight handle instead of the bent one seen on standard 9 irons. It has better critical damage but is more brittle than the standard golf club.
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Fore! outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward, however, it may not knock the target down on impact.
Nephi's golf driver can successfully strike about 245 times from full condition before breaking.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Nephi's golf driver||30||71.1||2.37||x1.2||30||21||2.9||245||1||500||500||25||2|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
It can only be obtained by killing Driver Nephi, a Fiend to the southwest of New Vegas.
- While in third person, the driver makes the sound of hitting a golf ball while doing a charge attack.
- The model for this weapon is a driver, rather than a 9 iron despite the game treating it as a unique version of the latter.
- It will disappear from Nephi's inventory if not picked up after killing him. (tested after 3 in-game days.)
- If you look at the club in third person, there is an Ace of Spades engraved on its head. It is also visible in first person if you look up enough.
- This weapon can be used for the Gun Runners' Arsenal challenge A Slave Obeys.
- The Vault Boy Pip-Boy image for this weapon differs from the image for the 9 iron.
- The knockdown effect is guaranteed against even the most powerful of opponents. This makes it possible for a low level player character to take on enemies that would otherwise be extremely difficult or impossible.