Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Nephi's golf driver is a unique golf club utilized as a two-handed weapon. Compared to its more common variant, the 9 iron, it is in more pristine condition, having a straight handle instead of the bent one seen on standard 9 irons. It has better critical damage but is more brittle than the standard golf club.
Special attack[edit | edit source]
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Fore! outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward, however, it may not knock the target down on impact.
Durability[edit | edit source]
Nephi's golf driver can successfully strike about 245 times from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Nephi's golf driver||30||71.1||2.37||x1.2||30||21||2.9||245||1||500||500||25||2|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
Location[edit | edit source]
It can only be obtained by killing Driver Nephi, a Fiend to the southwest of New Vegas.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While in third person, the driver makes the sound of hitting a golf ball while doing a charge attack.
- The model for this weapon is a driver, rather than a 9 iron despite the game treating it as a unique version of the latter.
- It will disappear from Nephi's inventory if not picked up after killing him. (tested after 3 in-game days.)
- If you look at the club in third person, there is an Ace of Spades engraved on its head. It is also visible in first person if you look up enough.
- This weapon can be used for the Gun Runners' Arsenal challenge A Slave Obeys.
- The Vault Boy Pip-Boy image for this weapon differs from the image for the 9 iron.
- The knockdown effect is guaranteed against even the most powerful of opponents. This makes it possible for a low level player character to take on enemies that would otherwise be extremely difficult or impossible.