Nelson is a wealthy resident of Diamond City. According to Henry Cooke, the local upper stand bartender, Nelson is a spoiled and arrogant young man who envisions himself as a crime boss, going so far as to make secret, illegal deals between Cooke and the gangsters of Goodneighbor. He is Cooke's representative in periodical meetings with Trish, who is Marowski's Goodneighbor contact, in an operation to smuggle chems into Diamond City to get around the local taxes imposed by Mayor McDonough. It has been stated that Nelson might cut Cooke out of a deal in the near future.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Suspenders and slacks
|10mm pistol||Latimer residence key
- During the Diamond City Blues quest he carries a substantial amount of caps, presumably for the chem deal.
- If the player character kills Trish and her three bodyguards, Nelson will run away from the scene and can still be found alive in the Colonial Taphouse should he not be harmed. If he lives, his father will not send Triggermen after the player character.
- Should he survive, he will automatically tell Marowski about the involvement of the Sole Survivor.
- Should he be killed, his body will not de-spawn and remain in the world.
- Days after being killed his father will confront the player character about the death of his son. The Sole Survivor can admit to it or lie.
- After killing Nelson, Triggermen will spawn in Diamond City and attack the Sole Survivor on sight, shouting phrases like "This is for Nelson Latimer!" This can be stopped by apologizing and paying Nelson's father 2,000 caps or by killing Nelson's father.
Nelson Latimer appears only in Fallout 4.