Background[edit | edit source]
This was the visitor's center for Acadia National Park before the Great War. The lodge has since been fortified and is used by Uncle Ken, the last holdout, whose family has lived here for seven generations.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The bus stop in the northeast transitions through the gate into the main courtyard. Against the lodge is the settlement workshop, a cooking station, and a small plot of corn plants. Inside the lodge, there is a gift shop in the southwest, and some offices and bathrooms to the northeast, which contain a weapons workbench. Although it has been mostly wrecked by time, the upper floors contain more offices, a shabby wooden deck, and a staircase up to a lookout point.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Islander's Almanac issue #5 - On the counter to the right of the front entrance (southernmost room).
- A full suit of T-51 power armor, painted with the lime green Vim! Refresh paint job and a fully charged fusion core - Directly north on the road in a truck.
- Carlo's note - Behind the suit of power armor in the truck, next to a skeleton.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This settlement is obtained through the quest The Hold Out, given by Mitch. The settlement becomes available immediately after speaking to Uncle Ken.
- If a trade caravan post is built, traders from the Commonwealth will arrive here.
- This settlement will be impossible to use (and constantly say that one cannot build here due to the fog) if the player character sides against Far Harbor without first claiming it via the appropriate side quest for Mitch. However, one will retain control of this settlement if they side against Far Harbor (let the fog claim it) if control has already been gained.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The National Park Visitor's Center is based on the Hulls Cove Visitor Center in Acadia National Park. Situated in Bar Harbor, Maine, the center is similarly located at the north end of the island and features a ramada with a "visitor center" sign on the roof.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]