Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A nail is a pin-shaped, sharp object of hard metal or alloy used as a fastener. This makes for a potentially deadly projectile when propelled at high speeds. Nail gun nails are generally mounted together in a strip or linked in a carrier and are stripped off the carrier at high velocities as they are propelled by the nail gun's actuator.
Weapons using this ammunition[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
Nails can be crafted at a reloading bench. Crafting nails requires the following ingredients:
Scrap metal (1)
Variants[edit | edit source]
Flechettes[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Flechettes were at one point planned but were cut from the final release. The player character would have received 90 flechette rounds in-game. The reference id code for Flechette rounds is xx00d5cf.
|End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Nail||x 1||-5||x 1||x 1||Yes||No|
|Flechettes||x 1||0||x 1||x 1||No||No|
Notable locations[edit | edit source]
- Most, if not all, toolboxes in the Divide contain around 20-30 nails.
- Two are located in the collapsed overpass tunnel, near a dead NCR trooper.
- Two are found at the Courier's Mile, one near the center on a ledge, the other just north of it, next to the ammunition boxes.
- Five can be crafted at a reloading bench at the cost of one scrap metal.
- Gun Runners' Vendortron sells nails.
- At the Sink Central Intelligence Unit.
- Quartermaster Bardon after the add-on, in the thousands.
- At commissary terminals.
- The Great Khan armorer sells the item.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The texture used for nail boxes is actually scanned from a modern box of nails. While the texture for nail boxes is low resolution, the name of the real-life tool company, Paslode, can be made out in the upper right corner.