|For an overview of various models of power armor, see power armor.|
NCR salvaged power armor is T-45d power armor recovered by the NCR during their war with the Brotherhood of Steel. NCR technicians stripped out the joint servos, making it more difficult to use, but has no special training requirement. It has a yellow NCR bear logo painted on the chest plate and red stripes on the arms.
Salvaged power armor does not require the Power Armor Training perk and does not have the same +2 Strength or 10% radiation resistance bonuses of T-45d power armor. It does have the same -2 Agility effect alongside slightly reduced weight and Damage Threshold. As the armor is not powered, pulse guns or any other EMP weapons have no effect.
In terms of effectiveness, NCR salvaged power armor is bested in weight-to-DT ratio alone by the far lighter combat armor, reinforced mark 2, which has the same DT rating, weighs 17.5 pounds less, and also lacks any sort of Agility penalty. The only advantage it provides is that it possesses an item HP of 1000 while no version of combat armor has HP higher than 650. NCR salvaged power armor is the most protective NCR disguise one can obtain for most of the game, equaled only by the NCR Ranger combat armor, which is also 11 pounds lighter than the salvaged power armor.
- 188 trading post - Two NCR heavy troopers will wear this armor beginning at level 16.
- Camp Forlorn Hope - Two NCR heavy troopers will wear this armor beginning at level 16.
- Camp McCarran - Two on NCR heavy troopers guarding James Hsu's office after a certain progression into the main storyline.
- Hoover Dam - On heavy troopers.
- NCR Ranger safehouse - In the safehouse, in very poor condition.
- Long 15 - Worn by irradiated heavy troopers.
- If the Brotherhood of Steel allies with the NCR at the end of the main storyline, the NCR hands over all suits of salvaged power armor to the Brotherhood in return for the Brotherhood's help in patrolling the I-15 and Highway 95.
- NCR heavy troopers do not respawn after being killed, limiting how many suits can be acquired. Along the Long 15 in Lonesome Road, the NCR heavy troopers will respawn. In addition, one NCR Ranger in each hit squad wears the armor including the helmet, and these soldiers also respawn.
[verification overdue]If shot while wearing the armor, blood will appear and the metal impact sound effect is missing.
- Courier: "Tell me about the heavy troopers."
Hanlon: "They have the best equipment the NCR can get its hands on, power armor salvaged from our war with the Brotherhood. Techs strip out the joint servos so you don't need special training to wear it. It feels like you're carrying a Brahmin on your back, but it can take a heck of a lot of punishment."
- Fallout: New Vegas endings; Slide 7: Brotherhood of Steel