The NCR military police are found guarding the NCR Embassy and the New Vegas Strip, stationed at the NCR Military Police HQ. The military police at the embassy drop NCR dogtags when killed. They are equipped exclusively with cattle prods, and can see through disguises. The soldiers wear "MP" armbands and trooper helmets with "MP" written in white on the front.
Members include Carrie Boyd, Marie Pappas, Halford, Seamer, and Walter Hornsby. Unnamed NCR trooper MPs are also present at Camp Forlorn Hope, Camp McCarran, and at the Hoover Dam. A member of the military police appears in the Fallout: New Vegas intro.
Interactions with the player character
|This character has no special interactions.|
A few of the NCR military police will either attack the Courier or make them give 200 caps, depending on if they are encountered on the Strip or in the wasteland. This only happens if the Courier has a low reputation with the NCR. If the Courier kills them, they will still gain NCR Infamy, along with turning other NCR soldiers and citizens around them hostile.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|MP outfit and helmet||Cattle prod
10mm pistol (off Strip)
- * Only NCR MPs at Hoover Dam are equipped with combat knives instead of cattle prods.
- ** Only NCR MPs at Camp Forlorn Hope carry 10mm pistols.
- "...The usual. Troopers getting drunk and causing problems. Like that's a surprise to anyone. Hell, I plan on getting drunk once I'm done with my shift. Maybe even head over to Gomorrah for a good time."
- "This is the NCR Embassy. Our little slice of heaven on the Strip."
- "You hear about the girls dancing in the fountain? What I wouldn't give to see that show."
NCR military police appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- monorail at Camp McCarran to gain access to the strip for the very first time (Unconfirmed). It could also be triggered by entering the strip by any means other than having 2000 caps therefore not making it a bug at all (Mick and Ralph's passport, monorail, etc.). A solution to this is to run into Vault 21 and kill them there, as you won't lose any Strip Fame, or the Securitrons won't attack you.[verified] They may randomly become hostile to the courier when inside the NCR Embassy, despite having good NCR and good Strip Reputation. Killing them when they are hostile causes you to lose Strip reputation despite them attacking you first. This may be triggered by wearing an NCR disguise and using the
- cazadores occasionally.[verified] The base ID might spawn
- Courier after having spoken with NPCs such as travelers on the Strip; the only response that can be given will be "I need to get going."[verified] NCR trooper MPs may randomly approach the
- NCR Embassy, the Courier's infamy with the NCR will become extremely negative, regardless of how much positive fame they have with the NCR (e.g. Idolized becomes Wild Child).[verified] Rarely, they might approach the player character, and tell them that "they finally got you and you are going to pay," and then they will turn hostile. Anyone near the MP Trooper will also turn hostile, including Securitrons. If this happens on the