| || For the faction, see New California Republic Military Police.|
For the similarly named characters, see NCR trooper MP.
NCR military police are equipped exclusively with cattle prods, and can see through disguises. Their jurisdiction includes internal affairs and intelligence, as well as guarding important NCR figure-heads. Lieutenant Carrie Boyd is a leading member of the NCR military police.
The NCR military police found guarding the NCR Embassy are marginally stronger than those patrolling the New Vegas Strip, and also are trained in unarmed combat. The military police at the embassy drop NCR dogtags when killed, unlike their counterparts.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character has no special interactions.|
A few of the NCR military police will either attack the Courier or make him/her give them 200 caps, depending on if you encounter them on the Strip or in the Wasteland. This only happens if the Courier has a bad reputation with the NCR. If the Courier kills them, he/she will still gain NCR infamy, along with turning other NCR soldiers and citizens around him/her hostile.
* Only NCR MPs at Hoover Dam are equipped with combat knives instead of cattle prods.
** Only NCR MPs at Camp Forlorn Hope carry 10mm pistols.
- "...The usual. Troopers getting drunk and causing problems. Like that's a surprise to anyone. Hell, I plan on getting drunk once I'm done with my shift. Maybe even head over to Gomorrah for a good time."
- "This is the NCR Embassy. Our little slice of heaven on the Strip."
- "You hear about the girls dancing in the fountain? What I wouldn't give to see that show."
NCR military police appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- PC Xbox 360 They may randomly became hostile to the courier when inside the NCR Embassy, despite having good NCR and good Strip Reputation. Killing them when they are hostile causes you to lose Strip reputation despite them attacking you first. This may be triggered by wearing an NCR disguise and using the monorail at Camp McCarran to gain access to the strip for the very first time (Unconfirmed). It could also be triggered by entering the strip by any means other than having 2000 caps therefore not making it a bug at all (Mick and Ralph's passport, monorail, etc.). A solution to this is to run into Vault 21 and kill them there, as you won't lose any Strip Fame, or the Securitrons won't attack you.[verified]
- PC The base ID might spawn cazadores occasionally.[verified]